Anyone tried one of these car holders?

Guest pjam001

Guest pjam001

Hi jimbouk,

I have an adjustable one already but with the vario3 being a little chunkier, heavier and more expensive ;) was considering something that supported it better.

cheers

pjam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hotphil

I've just received my holder from gpsforless and am quite pleased. I had one for my Wizard that had a built in powered speakerphone thingy, but it hummed terribly and I used it seldom. I've therefore gone with one of GPSforless's 'passive' mount. It feels really quite solid, vibration-free (unlike a previous 'bendy-metal' universal one I had. And the custom clip even allows stylus removal when seated. It'll do me fine. I can put up with plugging in the power lead each time (I don't drive all that often). Only criticism is that the supplied power lead is a curly one and definitely won't be long enough if I sucker the cradle to my right - in the centre of the car it'll be fine. But I've got a straight lead lying around somewhere anyway.

Guest Phil Lee
i've got the brodit and in horizontal mode my vario iii just slides out... anyone else have that problem?

My active Brodit holder holds my VIII perfectly in landscape mode:

1576303937_67ca90ebe3.jpg

i think its cause mine's passive and there's no usb holding him in... don't know why they made the undercarriage bit so short, if it goes slightly off balance it just topples out

I'm gonna attach a USB splitter thingy and DIY it so it will hold it in, then i wont have to fumble around by my feet looking for my phone as I cruise along

Edited by Josh K

Guest Phil Lee
Phil Lee, i like your home screen. What have you used?

cheers

I use the Today plugin from SPB Mobile Sheel for the 4 tabs. The first tab ius the built in launcher from SPB MS. The second is SPB Phone Suite. The third has SBSH Pocket Breeze in it and the fourth (which is shown) is WeatherPanel with the PhatPhinger QVGA skin.

What the deuce! I must have a crappy brodit then. First I thought its cause I sometimes drive a bit erratically, but now my little vario is more than eager to jump out at the first left turn we come too.

Anyhoo... guess I'm going to have to hope he stays there when he's got a USB up his arse!

Mine's passive too, and i've not had it fall out yet!

P