Pocket IE - Use of keymaps registry settings ?

Guest nwpsys

Hello all.

I have found the Tip Of The Week at Modaco regarding using the KeyMaps key in the registry to map certain to pocket IE functions. I have tried implementing this on my TyTN II but it just doesn't seem to work, so I am sure I must be doing something wrong.

Has anyone got this working ?

As I work in landscape mode, D-Pad down and up go from link to link by default, and I would like to set D_Pad left and right to page up and page down. I read an article at MSDN that seemed to indicate the use of the D-Pad actually involves a pair of virtual ley presses, so this may not be possible.

As a second best, on the qwerty keyboard cursor down and up jump from link to link, so could I map cursor left and right to page up and down ?

Or is there in fact a single key press ( rather than Fn-PgUp, Fn-PgDn ) that gives me page up and down functionality, by default ?

Also while on the subject, are there any keys that map to toggling in and out of full screen, or even changing modes from desktop to fit to one column ?

TIA for any help.

nwpsys

Guest PJDelaney

I know that those register changes work in WM5 but haven't seen anyone get them to work in WM6, I looked last night as I'd like the same one my Kaiser. I did find changing the 4-way nav in the register under ie changes it from jumping link to link to paging up or down but I didn't like it! You could also function-lock the keyboard by pressing function twice giving you page up and down with one press each if that helps in the meantime.

I know that those register changes work in WM5 but haven't seen anyone get them to work in WM6, I looked last night as I'd like the same one my Kaiser. I did find changing the 4-way nav in the register under ie changes it from jumping link to link to paging up or down but I didn't like it! You could also function-lock the keyboard by pressing function twice giving you page up and down with one press each if that helps in the meantime.

Thanks, PJD.

I have been using the Fn-Fn trick, but I forget I have it on and get frustrated when the Backspace key stops being Back in the browser ;)

What settings did you use in your registry for the 4-way nav values ? I must be using the wrong ones !

Ta,

nwpsys

Guest PJDelaney
What settings did you use in your registry for the 4-way nav values ? I must be using the wrong ones !

\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Navigation\4-Way Nav

DWORD value of 0 makes the dpad page up and down and a value of 1 changes it back to jumping between hyperlinks.

Hope that helps

PJ

Ahh got it - it toggles between either link jump or page jump ... I was hoping to get 4-way left/right to be link jump, and 4-way up/down to be page jump. No matter, I might give tis a try anyway.

Cheers,

nwpsys