Carrying Case

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

As you may have noticed, the T-Mobile's supplied carry case is a bit ugly and is hard to access (open the velcro and then open flap).

Anyone got a better one? If so, what did you get & where from?

Guest Swampie

I use the case supplied with my old Vario. It has a nice magnetic clip, so easy to open with 1 hand, and is silent. The moment I saw the Vario III case supplied, I didn't even open it. Having 2 flaps and velcro is unacceptable for me and it's remained in the box.

As the Vario is a bit chubbier than the Vario III the old one is not as snug a fit, but it won't fall out and is perfect for me (considering I've used it for the last 20 months, it should be!). It's also in excellent condition after such long use.

Guest Deathace

as much as the cases above look nice I dont like the thought of having plastic covering the keyboard I dont have the smallest of fingers and having the ability to distinquish one key from the next by touch having the plastic over the top will take away that use, I will probably buy one of the Red piel frama ones and hack at the plastic keyboard cover so it just surrounds the edges to hold it in place rather than covering the keys.

thanks for the link they do look nice

Russ

Guest tsutton
The moment I saw the Vario III case supplied, I didn't even open it. Having 2 flaps and velcro is unacceptable for me and it's remained in the box.

My feeling exactly when I firstly saw it!

As the Vario is a bit chubbier than the Vario III the old one is not as snug a fit, but it won't fall out and is perfect for me (considering I've used it for the last 20 months, it should be!). It's also in excellent condition after such long use.

I could get away with finding a thin foam or something and glue it to the vario I case which will give it a snug fit.

Guest dolbe666

I went with this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HTC-Kaiser-P4450-TyT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Although I only payed £10.99 plus £3.99 delivery for it

Edit: well that link just doesnt want to work its a ADVERTISING SPAM Leather Book Case for HTC P4550/TyTN II 2/Kaiser ebay item number 170158847614 price £14.49

Edited by dolbe666

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd add this: -

http://www.noreve.com/category/PC+de+poche...HTC_Tytn_2.html

I've just bought one from France - took 3 days to arrive and I must say I'm VERY impressed.

I have used Krusell and Piel Frama cases in the past, both which use a clear plastic cover over the keyboard to hold the device in. I ordered one for my Vario III from Piel Frama 2 weeks ago and had to return it because the plastic became so creased the keyboard became unusable in the case.

This one allows the keyboard to slide and tilt and has NO plastic cover. The leather isn't perhaps as good quality as the Piel Frama and the front cover a bit more wobbly because of the smaller "hinge", but the device fits snugly in the lower half and closed the whole thing looks nice and slim, unlike the Krusell cases which do add a lot of bulk.

Highly recommended and reasonable value for money.

Edited by Guest