Can't Play TyTN II MP4's On PC

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

I recorded a couple test movies on my TyTN II. The mp4's will not play on my PC. I get the following error:

Error-2041: An invalid sample description was found in the movie.

Any idea why this is happening?

3gp's work fine.

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest dolbe666
I recorded a couple test movies on my TyTN II. The mp4's will not play on my PC. I get the following error:

3gp's work fine.

Thanks.

-Bob-

try using quicktime player  http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/mpeg4/

the download is here http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Edited by dolbe666

Guest rebecker

Well, this is strange. I have QuickTimePlayer installed on my PC, along with iTunes. The movies I recorded on the TyTN II will not transfer to iTunes, where I have several movies, both large downloads and home movies given to me by others. They work.

I also have a stand-alone QuickTime Player in my Start list. Clicking on it does nothing, no software opens. However, my Task Manager Processes shows it running.

Any ideas? Should I install QuckTime again separately from iTunes?

-Bob-

Guest dolbe666
Well, this is strange. I have QuickTimePlayer installed on my PC, along with iTunes. The movies I recorded on the TyTN II will not transfer to iTunes, where I have several movies, both large downloads and home movies given to me by others. They work.

I also have a stand-alone QuickTime Player in my Start list. Clicking on it does nothing, no software opens. However, my Task Manager Processes shows it running.

Any ideas? Should I install QuckTime again separately from iTunes?

-Bob-

I would try updating it, or if you have the latest version reinstall. ive always used quicktime for 3gp and mp4

• 1 month later...
Guest Julia in NJ

3gp's work fine.

Thanks.

-Bob-

Try renaming the file extention to .3gp.

Guest dolbe666

try right clicking the file you want to play, select open with, leslect the browse option, look for quicktime player and select that and tick the box to always use quicktime. if that doesnt work its incompatible with quicktime. what os do you have on your pc? you may just need codecs, if so try this, http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3934&s=42 its k=lite mega codec pack, its probably got more than what you need but its also got a standalone player that plays mp4 when the codecs are installed along with it

If your using vista then look for vista codec pack, its also freeware

Edited by dolbe666

Guest rebecker
try right clicking the file you want to play, select open with, leslect the browse option, look for quicktime player and select that and tick the box to always use quicktime. if that doesnt work its incompatible with quicktime. what os do you have on your pc? you may just need codecs, if so try this, http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3934&s=42 its k=lite mega codec pack, its probably got more than what you need but its also got a standalone player that plays mp4 when the codecs are installed along with it

If your using vista then look for vista codec pack, its also freeware

Changing the extension to .3GP works. Strange.

-Bob-

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brannigan
Try renaming the file extention to .3gp.

Julia your solution works, it is beautifully simple and completely weird!

PS I have an Orange SPV C500