HTC Kaiser: Hardkeys stopped working :(

Guest bbrockie

Guest bbrockie

Hi folks

Today, and all of a sudden, all of my hardkeys stopped working. None of the buttons on the phone work and neither does the keyboard :(

The phone is only a week old so I can't believe that it's a hardware problem with it already ;)

Does anyone here know a possible solution for this?

Thanks for your interest

Guest jimbouk

What does it say at top left corner? If it says phone, instead of start, then it has got stuck in phone app. Usually pushing power button to put it into standby and then again to wake it fixes that.

If not then a soft reset should resolve it (push stylus into reset hole on the bottom of the device)

If that doesnt fix it, then a hard reset!

Guest bbrockie
What does it say at top left corner? If it says phone, instead of start, then it has got stuck in phone app. Usually pushing power button to put it into standby and then again to wake it fixes that.

If not then a soft reset should resolve it (push stylus into reset hole on the bottom of the device)

If that doesnt fix it, then a hard reset!

Hi jimbouk and thanks for responding ;)

Come to think of it, I did just recently place a call when I discovered this problem.

On the top left screen there's the usual "Windows Start" button. I have tried to put the device into standby mode aswell as reseting the device but it didn't help :(

How do I do a hard reset?

Guest bbrockie
Go to settings, system tab and use the clear storage option.

The other way involves the two hardware soft keys and the reset button.

Thanks for your help! Everything's back to normal now ;)

Edited by bbrockie