Recommend me a screen protector

Guest DJ_Enigma

Guest DJ_Enigma

Having fitted the included screen protector and managed to get a tiny bit off fluff underneath it I am going to have to buy one that actually fits!

The one that comes with the VIII is a couple of mm too small in every direction. Also it makes the screen look pants.

All in all I would like a MUCH better one.

Any recommendations?

Direct links would be great, free delivery would be even better ;)

Cheers,

DJ

Guest dolbe666
Having fitted the included screen protector and managed to get a tiny bit off fluff underneath it I am going to have to buy one that actually fits!

The one that comes with the VIII is a couple of mm too small in every direction. Also it makes the screen look pants.

All in all I would like a MUCH better one.

Any recommendations?

Direct links would be great, free delivery would be even better ;)

Cheers,

DJ

Im using the Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector I havent seen any for the TYTN II but the original TYTN ones fit fine, i got mine from ebay for £9.99 with postage. you should be able to get them at http://www.mobilefun.co.uk

Guest varioIII-lover

without a doubt, the ADVERTISING SPAM screen protector fits perfectly, has a yellow lint free cloth and a soft card to get rid of bubbles but i didn't need it and nor should you .. the protector is a bit less wobbly than the previous in-box one, and i applied mine outside in the open to prevent dust ..

even then, you have to peel back the screen proc even so slightly and i do admittedly have a little bit of hair n dust at the very top of the screen proc and the bottom but it's hardly noticeable and much better much much much better than the original protector ..

i will live with this for now and then buy another ADVERTISING SPAM and be very very careful when peeling off and apply it much quicker ..

hope this helps ..

v3-L

Guest guest7789

I'm very interested in this topic as well, is Martin Fields the best one in terms of keeping away dust etc, being scratch proof and visibility or is there something better?

varioIII-lover, do you find it makes the screen kinda gooey to press with the stylus? Or does it make it any harder to use with your fingers? I never bother to get the stylus out and it would annoy me if it wouldn't register my fat fingers anymore ;)

Guest varioIII-lover

na, the ADVERTISING SPAM, i swear by them. might be rebranded martin fields something else aka aka .. but it's sweet. very nice, keeps the screen good and new for a long time.

new screen? new overlay ..

v3-L ;)

Guest dolbe666

the martin field ones ive been using for years, ive used them for my p900, p910i, qtek 9000, mda vario and now my tytn II. they are scratch resistant they actually make it easier to see your screen in bright light because they react like a transreflective screen by filtering out screen glare. also if you mess up and get dust or hair on them you just wash them and dry them with a hairdryer and simply reaply. and one lasts the life of my phone, ive still got the p910i, qtek 9000, and vario with them on and they look as good as the day i bought them

Edit:

Martin Fields Screen Protector T-Mobile MDA Vario III 3

Gloss finish

The gloss finished LCD protective filter enhances color reproducibility and image sharpening by transfering more light and makes the screen brightly colored.

Other filters with anti glare feature make use of diffused reflection instead to eliminate reflection.

These sometimes cause lower color reproducibility which may result with a dull monochromic coloration UV cut and 90% light transmittance

The filters reduce the strain on your eyes by blocking 99% of ultraviolet rays radiated from LCD screens.

In addition, our filters allow 90% of light transmition while protecting the LCD screen from degradation as a result of strong sunlight and other natural lights.

High Scratch Resistance.

thats the description thats on the pack ;)

Edited by dolbe666

Guest Phil Lee

I used a JavoEdge screen protector on my Vario for nearly 2 years and have fitted a new one to my VIII. I went for the anti-glare version since I will be using my VIII with TomTom.

Blimey £9 for a single screen protector. So I would like definate confirmation... Does this make using your fingers any more difficult? or does it make the screen "sticky" or spongey?

Guest dolbe666
Blimey £9 for a single screen protector. So I would like definate confirmation... Does this make using your fingers any more difficult? or does it make the screen "sticky" or spongey?

they are well worth the money. ive been using them because the feel like the actual screen which make them very finger freindly. the price is justified by the quality. one lasts the life of your screen.

Edited by dolbe666

Guest varioIII-lover

ok i have an anti-glare screen protector.

anti-glare

protects screen from scratches

fingerprint free

dust repelling

washable

re-positionable

durable

free cleaning cloth.

ADVERTISING SPAM.

seriously good.

v3-L

they are well worth the money. ive been using them because the feel like the actual screen which make them very finger freindly. the price is justified by the quality. one lasts the life of your screen.

Great, thanks. I will definitely go for one of them... My vIII lives unprotected in my pocket and whilst this was fine for my Wizard I don't want to risk it!

Guest dolbe666
Great, thanks. I will definitely go for one of them... My vIII lives unprotected in my pocket and whilst this was fine for my Wizard I don't want to risk it!

I've perfected the application process over the years. I found putting a piece of tape on both ends of the overlay helped my place the overlay without getting fingerprints under it. t also makes it easier to get in the rite place before fully applying it. the tape gives you something to hold onto other than the overlay. it works like two little tabs ;)

Guest Subliminal Aura
Im using the Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector I havent seen any for the TYTN II but the original TYTN ones fit fine, i got mine from ebay for £9.99 with postage. you should be able to get them at http://www.mobilefun.co.uk

Blimey at the price too - tech specs sound great but are they really the best before I commit.

SA

Guest dolbe666
Blimey at the price too - tech specs sound great but are they really the best before I commit.

SA

I'm very picky about what i use on my phones. ive bought overlays I didnt like and threw them away. Ive always gone back to martin fields for the quality. I did look for better but never came close to the quality.

And for the price I get the security of knowing the screen is protected. Its quite a tough overlay. Its not like those floppy thin ones

Edited by dolbe666

Guest varioIII-lover

yea mine too, thicker, kinda not very clear slightly frosted. i think the martin fields is what ADVERTISING SPAM use. go see ADVERTISING SPAM overlays on ebay. bet it's martin fields. sounds like it.

v3-L

Guest varioIII-lover

if so they'r echeaper.

was like 4quid. lol lozzd you make me laugh! i recommend some sticky custard powder and a brown paper bag as a screen overlay.

;)

v3L.

Guest dolbe666
yea mine too, thicker, kinda not very clear slightly frosted. i think the martin fields is what ADVERTISING SPAM use. go see ADVERTISING SPAM overlays on ebay. bet it's martin fields. sounds like it.

v3-L

yours is frosted? so it defuses the light rather than filter it. I wasnt suggesting anything about the ADVERTISING SPAM screen protector. i just like the marting fields better. ;)

Guest LaSepultura

I use the Invisible Shield. It is the strongest screen protector on the market.

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCTY2S.html

It is very clear, thick, and indestructable.

The only problem is that the stylus doesnt glide very smoothly across the surface. Takes a while to get used to. The upside is of course the durability and the fact that it really is invisible.

Edited by LaSepultura

Guest dolbe666
I use the Invisible Shield. It is the strongest screen protector on the market.

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCTY2S.html

It is very clear, thick, and indestructable.

The only problem is that the stylus doesnt glide very smoothly across the surface. Takes a while to get used to. The upside is of course the durability and the fact that it really is invisible.

thats what i like about the martin fields one, you cant tell its on there. its very strong, thck but not too thck as to interfere with the touch screens sensativity to touch

the invisible shield looks like a good screen protector if it didnt have a problem with the sylus gliding smoothly

edit: I like their lifetime guarantee against damage or even scratches though. I may order one to checkout how good the compair to the martin fields ones

Edited by dolbe666

Guest LaSepultura

Right. They make PERFECT full body protectors. The thing I really like about the InvisibleShield is you spray the bottom of the screen protector with some sort of liquid and then squeegee the liquid and air out. Because of this, you can apply the screen protector and then slide it around and adjust it. I'd order the ADVERTISING SPAM or Martin Fields, but I would be too scared i'd mess up putting it on. Like get fingerprints on the bottom.

Edited by LaSepultura