Recommend me a screen protector

Guest DJ_Enigma

Guest Paul (MVP)

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t...&t_mode=des might be worth a look, as they claim 'The best Screen Protectors for your device or your money-back.'

Their spiel:

"Manufactured from a new ultra high-clarity plastic, we’ve been able to increase the thickness without impairing screen brightness or clarity. Each kit contains a screen cleaning cloth and an application card to make perfect-fitting quick and easy."

£5.95 plus delivery, 10% off for Plus users.

P

Guest dolbe666
 The thing I really like about the InvisibleShield is you spray the bottom of the screen protector with some sort of liquid and then squeegee the liquid and air out.

Thats the bit thats lost me as a customer. the fact you have to spray it with a liquid then squeegee it out. where is that liquid going? only one place for it to go and thats into the phone. even if its a low risk of liquid going into my phone im not going to risk it. If its not a dry application i wouldnt use it

Guest dolbe666
Thanks for your input. I have ordered the martin fields screen protector. Just hope it's not too difficult to put on :(

If you use the two pieces of tape, one at the top and one at the bottom it make the application sooo much easier. actually the hardest part i found with the overlay was trying to remove the backing film. from first observeration it looks like just one piece of film but its actually two and you have to remove the backing film carefully, the tap helps with this also because it gives you something to hold onto other than the overlay. so the result is no fingerprints ;)

Guest StephenR

I'm not impressed with the Martin Fields protector. I've tried putting it on a few times but I still have lots of air bubbles. I didn't have this problem with the one that came free with the Vario III. I think there is also now a fair bit of dirt between the screen and the protector. I wish I'd just left the free one on and not tried something "better" ;)

Guest LaSepultura
Thats the bit thats lost me as a customer. the fact you have to spray it with a liquid then squeegee it out. where is that liquid going? only one place for it to go and thats into the phone. even if its a low risk of liquid going into my phone im not going to risk it. If its not a dry application i wouldnt use it

It pops out the sides where you soak it up with a towel. I assume it is alchohol based because alchohol does not harm electronics. They do recommend you take the battery out and leave the device off for a while. I did neither and I have had no issues. I ordered a TyTN II kit to replace my TyTN I screen (I messed up with the cutting). I'll post some pictures of the process when I get it.

Guest StephenR

Can some screen protector experts help me out as I'm having real problems with my new Martin Fields protector. Due to all the dirt and air bubbles I removed the protector and washed it and dried with a hairdryer as detailed in the instructions. But the screen protector has dried all motley and looks rubbish. I can only presume I am doing something wrong as I have seen so many good reviews of this screen protector. Is there any way to recover the situation or should I just throw it away?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chiribo
Martin fields all the way, you don't even know it's on........if you're careful and avoid dust and bubbles ;)

After checking out this post yesterday I decided to order the Martin Fields protector from mobilefun, ordered just before 5:30pm and got it delivered at my workplace before 10am which is brill :(

The protector itself is very good too, significant improvement on the one that came with the viii as standard, touch sensitivity is better too. Would definitely recommend :D Ohh and it comes with the little protectors for the front and back camera too =]

Edited by Chiribo

Guest Subliminal Aura

Yeh I was about order the Martin Fields protector yesterday but didn't have the time.

When I got home I decided to open the box that the tytn came in (searching for the headphones - found them and decided they weren't worth the bother so packed them back in the box ;) ) whilst in there I found a standard screen protector and decided to use that to tide me over.