Ty Tn II - Orange

Guest mattallen

Guest mattallen

Hi

Just wondering if any UK orange users had successfully 'flashed' their rom with the HTC version and that it hasn't produced any issues? Got the orange kaiser too and am thinking about the htc 'switch' over!

I also can't figure out how to back up the original orange rom in case of emergencies. It seems this involves a series of quite complex steps which my poor brain finds challenging.

I'm doing my research (trawling these well informeed threads and similar places) but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Any help/pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Guest jimbouk

I have done a load of flashing before but havent bothered with my O Tytn2. I don't think anyone has successfully saved the orange rom yet - otherwise it would be available over at xda.

Other than the home screen plug in (which can be disabled easily) and the orange tinted dialler, I can't see any benefit, as the device is fast, has all the correct settings and has tons of room left even with Orange Satnav trials etc on board. I am also nervous that people who have flashed have lost GPS etc.

Guest mattallen
I have done a load of flashing before but havent bothered with my O Tytn2. I don't think anyone has successfully saved the orange rom yet - otherwise it would be available over at xda.

Other than the home screen plug in (which can be disabled easily) and the orange tinted dialler, I can't see any benefit, as the device is fast, has all the correct settings and has tons of room left even with Orange Satnav trials etc on board. I am also nervous that people who have flashed have lost GPS etc.

Thanks for the pointers - also a big thanks to Paul and his promise of a back up guide next week - I'l certainly hold on til then!

I'm a bit confused actually Jim because I never got a free trial of TomTom on my o TyTn2. I've tried downloading the version (over at XDA mods) that uses the in-built gps by default but it says it won't work on my current rom (hence the quest to flash to HTC!). Did yours come with TomTOm as part of the Orange pack?

Cheers

Matt

Guest dazultra2000

Just flashed my brand new tytn2 to the HTC rom provided by hermi_c on xda dev. So far there are a few bugs some of which make no difference from the orange rom.

For example...

the htc homescreen plugin is now missing the power and screen rotate icons (though the buttons still work)

Also Live Messenger (which doesn't even exist on the orange rom) doesn't actually load.

Still playing though. Flashing the rom is REALLY fast! Took about 1/4 of the time it took to flash my universal

Guest dolbe666
Just flashed my brand new tytn2 to the HTC rom provided by hermi_c on xda dev. So far there are a few bugs some of which make no difference from the orange rom.

For example...

the htc homescreen plugin is now missing the power and screen rotate icons (though the buttons still work)

Also Live Messenger (which doesn't even exist on the orange rom) doesn't actually load.

Still playing though. Flashing the rom is REALLY fast! Took about 1/4 of the time it took to flash my universal

you do know their is an official HTC TYTN II rom on xda-dev? that one shouldnt be buggy

Guest dazultra2000
you do know their is an official HTC TYTN II rom on xda-dev? that one shouldnt be buggy

Yes, I am aware of that, but I wanted the option to be able to choose what apps are installed by default and which ones aren't. I'm hoping I can find fixes for the stuff that is broken.