Had enough of Vario II!!!!

Guest impy78

I never thought I would say this... but the Vario II has driven me crazy and maybe away from windows mobiles for a while.

I loved my Compact II, it was something of a joy to use, in fact, but this hunk o junk is the buggiest thing I've ever used!

It crashes all the time, it cuts calls off constantly, the battery lasts literally 4 hours.

I'm getting a SE k850i instead - still have push email and internet, but hopefully without soft resetting 5 times a day!!!!

Roll on simplicity!

Guest jimbouk

Have you tried flashing a better rom onto it? My M3100 was a bit slow and awkward with the original orange rom, but once I flashed a cooked WM6 (like Black Satin) onto it, it became fast, responsive and very usable

I agree with the above. I have had my Vario II for 11 months now and still have another 6 months to got before I'm out of contract. WM5 was buggin the hell out of me. I had even started looking for a Treo again to do me for the interum period before I can go for the Vario III.

On Friday I made the jump to the Black Satin ROM and I'm stunned at the difference. Everything runs better, the phone only crashed once when I install SPB Insight. The only problem I have is my wi-fi, It contually reconnects.

For a new lease of live for the Vario II I have to say give it a go before you shell out on another phone. Took about an hour but I'm so glad I did it.

Guest Phil John

Sounds like you've got a dud there.

I wouldn't trade my Vario II for any of my previous phones. It just does everything I need it to. It's only ever crashed once, and that was because of a third-party app.

Guest jchamier

My Vario II worked ok, but the lack of DUN dialup meant I couldn't use with my satnav (for traffic news), and the lack of WPA2 meant I couldn't connect to the WiFi at work (where I have no T-mob signal). I put the phone in the cupboard, and used the sim in my old handset for 6 months.

The HTC Asia WM6 I installed is great, the phone is more responsive, WiFi works fine, and with the XDAdevelopers patch for DUN I can use the phone as my net connection for my satnav. As I have WnW that's much better.

The web browser (PocketIE) and other apps are usefully improved too.

Guest mitch1974

I've had Schaps WM6 3.60a ROM on my phone for about a fortnight, and I've only had to reset it one, and that was after installing SPB Insight.

Plus, using the Comm Manager in this ROM to switch of 3G when I'm not using it adds a bit more life to the battery.

Seriously, flash Schaps 3.60a or Black Satin on it and try it for a week.