Help to get Flash player

Guest susan8326

Guest susan8326

I have a SPV M700/trinity and I am so far unable to view anything from sites such as YouTube. I am told I need to get flash player or macro media downloaded on to it. Anyone got any ideas how to do this - very new to this type of handset, and also this site so help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Susan

If you want to watch YouTube videos, etc. Try vTap. I just installed it on my Kaiser, and it works a treat.

As for the flash player, the latest version is 7 (Yes, it's old).

And, you can find it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer_...ads/player.html

Transfer that CAB file to your Trinity, and use the File Explorer to find it and open it.

Then....enjoy ;)

Guest susan8326

Thaks so much for your help...

I think I am prob being really thick but have still been unable to get this to work. I tried first to download the adobe file you suggested, and saved it to my PC to start with - perhaps that was a mistake? - but have now been unable to transfer it to my PPC. I then went to vTap as suggested and was eventually able to download the software, but am continually getting 'server unavailable'. Now perhaps the server is down, but I think it more likely that I have done something wrong. Any ideas? Thanks

Guest genaldar
Thaks so much for your help...

I think I am prob being really thick but have still been unable to get this to work. I tried first to download the adobe file you suggested, and saved it to my PC to start with - perhaps that was a mistake? - but have now been unable to transfer it to my PPC. I then went to vTap as suggested and was eventually able to download the software, but am continually getting 'server unavailable'. Now perhaps the server is down, but I think it more likely that I have done something wrong. Any ideas? Thanks

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to transfer the cab over to your ppc to install it. Be aware that youtube should actually direct your mobile browser to the mobile version of you tube. Also be aware that other flash content generally requires at least version 8, which doesn't exist for the ppc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aalvino
There is no reason you shouldn't be able to transfer the cab over to your ppc to install it. Be aware that youtube should actually direct your mobile browser to the mobile version of you tube. Also be aware that other flash content generally requires at least version 8, which doesn't exist for the ppc.

susan8326,

Thank you for your interest in the vTap service.

I am sorry you have encountered this problem.

This is an issue we have seen before and it will be resolved in the next

release of vTap, which is currently in testing now and will be available

shortly. I will post here again as soon as the new release is up

on vTap.com.

Sorry again for the problem.

Please stick with us as we get this resolved.

Tim Fennelly

Customer Support

Veveo Inc.

http://vtap.com

Guest aalvino

Hello All.. We have posted a new version of the vTap client. This version has a number of bug Fixes:

1 - Storage Card - Previously if you requested vTap to be installed on a storage card, it would still get installed into the main memory of the phone. This has been fixed, and vTap will now be installed onto the storage card.

2 - Double Icon - Previosly when installing vTap, there would be 2 icons created in the Programs folder. Now after installing, there should be only one icon.

3 - Proxy Issue - There was an issue when connecting through some proxies where you would not be able to play clips. An error would be reported indicating the resolved clip is empty. This issue has been resolved.

You can install the latest version of the vTap client by pointing the browser on your phone to www.vtap.com, and downloading the appropriate application.

• 1 month later...