T-Mobile additional Services

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

I want to take advantage of the features of my new Vario III - below is a screenshot of the additional services that are available to me.

Which one is useful for me (free of course!)

I'm going to enable Mobile e-mail, but what about the others? it doesn't tell you what it is... helpful huh?

Thanks! ;)

post-104092-1193134994_thumb.jpg

Guest dolbe666
What does mobile e-mail actually get you?

P

I cant see what mobile email would give you that you dont already have if your on web-n-walk really. mobile email is standard with the device. Unless t-mobile have romoved the push email from the varioIII?

Edited by dolbe666

Guest tsutton

I suspect Mobile E-mail will allow me to sync my e-mail with Exchange server (aka Push E-mail?)

Loading up the Comm manager on the Vario III, the "Microsoft Direct Push" is greyed out and I can't enable it. Don't know if it's related to this?

No, I haven't yet.

So I guess T-Mobile's "Mobile e-mail" could mean something else... hmm.

From what I remember, Mobile E-Mail is an sms to email gateway or vice versa. Could be wrong though.

T-Mobile's "mobile email" allows people to send you an email via your phone number@t-mobile or a name of your own choosing, it will then forward said email to your chosen email account.

ie, [email protected] gets forwarded to my hotmail account.

I have it because I thought it was an email account similiar to what Orange used to have, so I thought I'd get txt email alerts and such like, but alas no. Basically just a email forwarding service, I too am confused as to why they have it as a service at all, I only have it cause it was free.