Annoying battery cover!

Guest jharvey00

Guest jharvey00

Maybe its just my handset, but the battery cover has a tiny about of lateral travel...this may sound trivial but when using the phone one-handed I can feel the cover "give" when I put pressure on it.

Anyone else have this or am I just looking for a fault with this otherwise great handset? ;)

Guest sc0user_75

Nope. No way dude. No travel at all on mine. In fact none of the 3 VIII handsets Ive had have had this. If anything, they were near enough impossible to move at all!

Guest sc0user_75

If you're a polite kinda guy then trust me theres no harm in trying. I got a lot from tmobile for being polite... and I didnt even ask for some of it ;)

Guest jharvey00
If you're a polite kinda guy then trust me theres no harm in trying. I got a lot from tmobile for being polite... and I didnt even ask for some of it :(

Your definitely right - fingers crossed it is just the back cover that needs replacing and not the handset! Will try tomorrow ;)

Just in case, does anyone know if its possible to buy new covers if needed?

Guest jimbouk

Silly question... but as you seem to be the only person with this problem:

1) Did you refit it correctly - ie is it in the the correct slots on the sides

and if so

2) Are the slots that accept the cover damaged?

Guest sc0user_75

Good points Jimbo.

The only thing I could imagine may have happened is, whilst trying hard (and it does take A LOT of effort) to remove the back cover you may have damaged the clip/s that hold the cover in place with the casing of the phone.

This might be the perfect opportunity for someone to find out if we Vario III owners can get a hold of the Rubberised covers of the Kaiser ;)

Guest jharvey00

Nope, I don't think I damaged it taking the cover off initially to insert the SIM card - it was nice and tight for about the first week and then started to travel more and more.

I've taken the cover off subsequently and reattached - for the first 30 mins of using the phone it remains tight and then starts to loosten. I checked the slots and they *seem* to be reasonably tight. I'm tempted to find a T-Mobile store and see if I can borrow a new backplate to test it isn't the handset itself.

I'll investigate the rubberized covers :-)

Guest weeerob
I'll investigate the rubberized covers :-)

I'm certainly interested in one of those as the backplate is very smooth and at first I was concerned about accidently dropping it.

Guest Phil Lee
You keep mentioning "inserting the sim card". Does the Vario III take the sim behind the battery?

Nope, the VIII has the sim card on the back of the display, just like all the other Kaiser designs.

Guest DJ_Enigma

I had this and the back madea horrible noise when it vibrated. Also the speaker was TERRIBLE.

I sent my phone back AGAIN and got one that has neither of these problems.

Was your box damaged when it arrived? Mine was battered.

DJ

Guest jharvey00

After some kind words to someone at T-Mobile, they are sending me a new one.

Just in time as well; whenever I slide the keyboard up I get a nice squeeking now. Mmm.