Informal Poll: Install Apps To Main Or Card Memory?

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

Just an informal question; do you install your apps to the main memory or the card? I suspect main memory would be faster, but use valuable program memory in unit; installing to a card will slow the app, but give you more program memory. Opinons (truths ;) )???

Thanks.

-Bob-

In general I always try to install everything onto the card, there is a general opinion that apps that are displayed on the today screen should be installed onto the device, for speed reasons as you say.

I always try it on the card, and only install to main memory if I absolutely have to, newer cards have got pretty fast read/write speeds and generally you get away with it ;)

Spb Pocket Plus springs to mind as an app that recommends you install to the main memory but in my experience it runs ok on the card (not sure if it still applies to the newly released version 4)

Some apps need to be installed on the card, e.g. Slide to unlock is reportedly unstable when installed to the card.

Install only to the main memory if it simply won't run on the card I say :(

Guest Mr.Clark

Anything I think "could I do without this" goes on the card. Anything that I'll use even if I've switched cards (not that I have 2 microSD cards, but I might one day) goes on the device.

Also, anything under 100kb usually goes on the device under the "what the hell, I've got gobs of space, right" theory.

Google Maps also, since if I don't have the card in, I can't use TomTom...

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II

Main memory for 'system' apps/utilities or stuff I always need accessible.

Storage card for everything else or if it really requires a lot of space.