Pocket RSS readers

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura

Gentlemen,

I've read the faqs and everything but am still having difficulty with some of these readers and was wondering what you guys use / whats the best and most stable ?

I've been using

newsBreak - Kind of stable - does not cache content.

pRSSreader - Great caches web content - very slow in this mode. Core dumped on me and lost all my feeds. Reading cached content via netfront problem as you need to shut down netfront everytime after reading an article.

Having a read around it appears that installing these programs/running the today plugin from the storage card potentially causes issues.

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

SA

Guest dolbe666
Gentlemen,

I've read the faqs and everything but am still having difficulty with some of these readers and was wondering what you guys use / whats the best and most stable ?

I've been using

newsBreak - Kind of stable - does not cache content.

pRSSreader - Great caches web content - very slow in this mode. Core dumped on me and lost all my feeds. Reading cached content via netfront problem as you need to shut down netfront everytime after reading an article.

Having a read around it appears that installing these programs/running the today plugin from the storage card potentially causes issues.

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

SA

Viigo is what i use. its free and its perfectly stable at it was developed for wm6

http://mobile.virtualreach.com to download to your kaiser or

http://downloads2.virtualreach.com/VR/ota/WM/ViigoWMFull.exe for the pc smart installer

ive been using it for quite awile and love it, they have rss feeds sorted into groups of ionterest and you can add your own rss feeds also

Guest Subliminal Aura

Hmmmm I think I'm asking for too much...

Being able to see full RSS/atom feeds with pictures/audio and even cache enclosures.

SPB Insight is very clean but lacks enclosures :|

@dolbe : I'll give Viigo a try - what is it an avantgo clone ?

Guest dolbe666
Hmmmm I think I'm asking for too much...

Being able to see full RSS/atom feeds with pictures/audio and even cache enclosures.

SPB Insight is very clean but lacks enclosures :|

@dolbe : I'll give Viigo a try - what is it an avantgo clone ?

It will give you full pictures, link you to the actual blog and open its own browser if you want to followrss feed to the actual source. not to sure what you mean by being able to see full RSS/atom feeds with pictures/audio and even cache enclosures, im farely new it mobile rss.;) ive only got into it since using viigo.

Edited by dolbe666

I'm a big fan of Egress for www.garishkernels.net

It includes a lot of great features including podcasting support. It's $13 or so to buy, but well worth it to me. I have a version on my Smartphone as well as my PPC.

Guest MonkeyJug

i use pocketrss

it's brilliant mostly because you can integrate it automatically into pocketbreeze and save loads of space on the homescreen - definitely give it a bash if you use pocketbreeze...