Vario III dropping calls

Guest coulsond

Guest coulsond

Hi everyone

I had my first Vario III just under an month and just under a week ago, after it was working fine it has started cutting calls. It is happening intermittently but quite frequently. I will get cut off whether I have made the call or the other way around. There are some other bizarre things going on to, like switching from a live call to an engaged tone. This also happens when dialing, it could be ringing then suddenly switch to an engaged tone. I got T-Mobile to swap out my phone for a brand new one (within the 28 day period), however it happened again with the new phone.

I think it sounds like the network but t-mobile say it is fine. T-mobile business support told me to turn off 3g and only have gsm available for calls. then switch it back for surfing/emails etc. That is a real chew and I should have to do that. Is anybody else having a similar problem?

cheers

Dean

Guest dolbe666
Hi everyone

I had my first Vario III just under an month and just under a week ago, after it was working fine it has started cutting calls. It is happening intermittently but quite frequently. I will get cut off whether I have made the call or the other way around. There are some other bizarre things going on to, like switching from a live call to an engaged tone. This also happens when dialing, it could be ringing then suddenly switch to an engaged tone. I got T-Mobile to swap out my phone for a brand new one (within the 28 day period), however it happened again with the new phone.

I think it sounds like the network but t-mobile say it is fine. T-mobile business support told me to turn off 3g and only have gsm available for calls. then switch it back for surfing/emails etc. That is a real chew and I should have to do that. Is anybody else having a similar problem?

cheers

Dean

I can see what t-mobile mean by asking to switch to gsm only. you may be in an aera with low 3G coverage and what your phone is doing is switching between 3G and GSM during the call to get the best signal and its losing the connection in the process. having just GSM enabled stops the phone from switching between GSM and 3G and ending the connection drops

Guest jimbouk

It is unfortunately a sympton of poor 3g coverage or poor 3g radio strength.

I had the same issue with O about a year ago - but only whilst the nearest 3g tower to me was playing up. They came and fixed it and the problem was sorted.

Guest champsak

T-mobile gave me the exact same solution....

Hi everyone

cheers

Dean

Guest coulsond

The thing is the 3g coverage both where I live and work are fine, full strength, I have a datacard from t mobile and have no such issues. Plus I never had this issue at all with the Vario II I had. It is very annoying.

Dean