Copilot wont run on my Kaiser

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

SO... deactivated and uninstalled it from Hermes. Copied files across from old 1gb microsd card and onto new 4gb microsd sdhc card. It auto installed when i inserted the card, using the WM5 PPC cab file.

But when I try to run it, it says " 'copilot is not a valid pocket pc application"

It used to run on my cooked WM6 rom on the hermes?

Any ideas?

Guest hotphil

I had this too. Had to reinstall the original CoPilot version supplied on the miniSD card with the CD and then go through the arduous patching/upgrade process :-(

Guest jimbouk
I had this too. Had to reinstall the original CoPilot version supplied on the miniSD card with the CD and then go through the arduous patching/upgrade process :-(

Well I have copied the files from the original minisd and then installed the WM5 ppc cab update... but still got the same problem!

(I would go through the arduous desktop install again but 1) it wont run on vista and 2) the install cd rom fails at wm2003ppc cab (ironically)

I reckon it might be dll problems following installs of various other satnav apps... so hard reset time methinks...

Edited by jimbouk

Guest nuscape
Unfortunately the hard reset didnt fix it...

you have to use copilot version 7, comes with WM6 cab. Unfortunately only come with HTC Tytn II Australian version.

look at www.copilotlive.com/htc

Edited by nuscape

Guest hotphil

My CoPilot 6 installed just fine. I had been runnig the latest version on my Wizard and simply deactivated it, installed the original (out of date) version on the Kaiser, patched/activated it and it's very good. Not sure why the same won't work for jimbouk. Maybe a call to ALK support might be in order? They launch version 7 on Monday and HTC Kaiser is listed as supported. Wonder how much an upgrade will be?

Guest jimbouk

I have been conversing with ALK support throughout. They reckon it must be my device.

I hard reset it yesterday and installed and no it still wont work.

They are sending me a new set of cdroms out as I can't install the desktop version on my spare XP machine either (as the install disk seems corrupt)...

I have tried tomtom and various others but I really like copilot! Am hoping I can swing a cheap upgrade as that will also be Vista compatible.