Two issues with automatic e-mail checking

Guest evad

I've set up automatic mailbox checking every 15 minutes. Works fine in general, but I've found two issues with it:

1) I've used KaiserTweak to disconnect active data session automatically after 1 minute of inactivity. Work ok, unless phone is sleeping. So, for instance, if GPRS/3G data connection for automatic email check is initiated while phone is sleeping, it WON'T turn off after 1 minute. When I switch phone back on from sleep and keep it awake for more than minute - then it will disconnect. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2) Usually, when new SMS message comes in, phone is awaked and I can see the message straight on the screen. Unfortunately this is not the case with emails - when new mail arrives through automatic check, I can only hear new email sound and light starts flashing amber, but phone iself is still sleeping, and I need to turn it on manually.

Anyone stepped into these issues before and found any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Guest sc0user_75
I've set up automatic mailbox checking every 15 minutes. Works fine in general, but I've found two issues with it:

1) I've used KaiserTweak to disconnect active data session automatically after 1 minute of inactivity. Work ok, unless phone is sleeping. So, for instance, if GPRS/3G data connection for automatic email check is initiated while phone is sleeping, it WON'T turn off after 1 minute. When I switch phone back on from sleep and keep it awake for more than minute - then it will disconnect. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2) Usually, when new SMS message comes in, phone is awaked and I can see the message straight on the screen. Unfortunately this is not the case with emails - when new mail arrives through automatic check, I can only hear new email sound and light starts flashing amber, but phone iself is still sleeping, and I need to turn it on manually.

Anyone stepped into these issues before and found any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Dude, the 1st problem I have encountered. Bit annoying, but thankfully we dont get charged for the Internet connection just being on (so long as you dont download stuff in your sleep!!)

As for problem number 2 - you should see yourself as lucky that you can at least get emails coming in when phone is sleeping. A lot of us dont get emails at all when phone is in sleep. We have to wake the thing first before receiving new emails.

As the above posted said, you should be glad it works ;) But this is a "feature" not a bug. That's the way it's supposed to work, for some reason. Always has done.