Kaiser on Tmob or o2

Guest Kimbie

Im in two minds to take a new TMobile contract out with the Vario III or hang on till the Kaiser comes out on o2 or get it sim free.

I understand the difference in the data packages offered by the two networks and I know Tmobile is a much better offering, however I have not been with them since they were one2one so have been on o2.

So given the choice which network would you go with and why? Baring in mind I am not including data in this comparison?

Kimbie

Guest Phil Lee

How do you use your phone? Do you send lots of texts or make calls? I find the Flext tariff to be great, it does just what it says on the tin, giving you the flexibility to spend your monthly allowance how you see fit.

One of my mates is on TMob and he has no issues with it. For the most part my phone is used for calls to and from work and to mates, odd texts.

What is the customer service like on TMob compared to o2 I have found o2 very good in terms of no queueing on the phones getting an english call centre. However I was also impressed when I ran Tmob sales line and it was picked up after 1 ring and this was at lunch time.

Also does anyone know how late you can port your number into Tmobile?

Kimbie

Just checked the coverage map on the Tmobile website and it would appear that where I live has no 3G at all, ok not a problem as i can use wifi at home but bit of a let down

Kimbie

Guest jimbouk

That is the onyl real problem with T. Their 3g coverage is very patchy. You can use wifi at home, but you may also find that some other places you frequent have poor coverage too.

Guest rickyburke

I find T's coverage better than Orange where i use it.

But then it all depends on where you live and use your phone.

Personally i have no experience of O2, my gf says they are very good, and have very good tariffs.

If you have time to waste, get one of those free T Sims, check the coverage that way. ;)

Guest Shuflie
Just checked the coverage map on the Tmobile website and it would appear that where I live has no 3G at all, ok not a problem as i can use wifi at home but bit of a let down

Kimbie

Don't pay any attention to the coverage map, find someone you know on t-mobile and ask them. Anyway, as you said in your first post, data isn't your main reason for getting the phone so 3G coverage shouldn't be an issue unless you plan to make lots of video calls. I have 3G at home but not where I work, 95% of the time my phone has the 3G connection switched off anyway to save power and even for a quick browse on the web the non 3G connection is usually quick enough for my needs.