Time Zone change on TyTN II

Guest botess

There have been times that my v1615 reports it is in a GMT+1 timezone for no apparent reason. I move the phone to point to London (GMT) time, and after a period of time it automatically reverts to +1. I suspect it has something to do with automatically changing timezones, but I cannot seem to find the setting if there is an auto-change facility.

anyone else having this problem?

Guest liteswap
There have been times that my v1615 reports it is in a GMT+1 timezone for no apparent reason. I move the phone to point to London (GMT) time, and after a period of time it automatically reverts to +1. I suspect it has something to do with automatically changing timezones, but I cannot seem to find the setting if there is an auto-change facility.

anyone else having this problem?

Yes I had this problem. My workaround was to turn off automatic time updates. When I travel, I can fairly simply switch time zones manually - for me anyway, it's not a major issue...although I still wish it would work properly!

Yes I had this problem. My workaround was to turn off automatic time updates. When I travel, I can fairly simply switch time zones manually - for me anyway, it's not a major issue...although I still wish it would work properly!

OK, and how do you turn this off - whereabouts is the setting?

Guest Beermaker
OK, and how do you turn this off - whereabouts is the setting?

start>settings>personal tab>phone>time zones.

It also helps for that annoying Active Synch bug. ;)

Guest Beermaker
Thanks a lot - it's actually a problem that a lot of other people are having:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-291505.html

I hope this works - will try out and see what the phone does over the next day or so and report back!

Been workin good for me since I found this tidbit on how to stop that annoying active synch from runnin. :( Not sure why it's doing that but it's workng for me so far-lol-just checked it as I typed-all good, bye bye ghosty active synch. ;)

Edited by Beermaker