something moving inside HTC Tytn II

Guest nuscape

Guest nuscape

I just received my HTC Tytn II last week and absolutely loving it.

just a concern regarding a weird thing here....

i tried to hold my tytn II tightly and start shaking it.. I hear something moving (like a small object) inside my Tytn II. It looks like the sound of camera lense to me. I know that Tytn II camera lense does move when try to focus (when you press the cam button). I m wondering if the actual mechanism inside is a bit loose so when I shake the phone I can hear a little bit of sound. Try to do it in a quiet place so you can hear.

I am wondering if this is just mine or happen to all?

Guest nuscape
It can be the buttons on the front. they can be a bit loose on some models. But that should not be a problem.

definitely not the front buttons, I know what you mean. I also tried... took the stylus, battery and bat. cover off.

Then I shake the handset again, I can hear a little part moving inside, most asure the sound coming from near the camera/ or main speaker area.

Tried to slide the keyboard in and out or stop it in the middle while shaking cause I thought the sounds coming from the spring that may loose, it feel no difference, I can still hear 'click.. click..click'...

I'm thinking to bring it back to the shop to get it replaced but it terms of the function of the device there is no problem. I am afraid they won't understand and will not replace it.

Guest dolbe666
definitely not the front buttons, I know what you mean. I also tried... took the stylus, battery and bat. cover off.

Then I shake the handset again, I can hear a little part moving inside, most asure the sound coming from near the camera/ or main speaker area.

Tried to slide the keyboard in and out or stop it in the middle while shaking cause I thought the sounds coming from the spring that may loose, it feel no difference, I can still hear 'click.. click..click'...

I'm thinking to bring it back to the shop to get it replaced but it terms of the function of the device there is no problem. I am afraid they won't understand and will not replace it.

I think it may be the magnets inside that are set so the unit powers up when opening the keyboard. for it to work it would have to have one stationary magnet and one free moving. when the magnet drags the free moving one as its the keyboard is opened it makes a connection that turns the backlight power on.

this is just a theory though im not certain to the mechanism i just know it involves magnets and the most common use would be one stationary and one free moving. I may be totally wrong though ;)

Edited by dolbe666

Guest Shuflie

My Vario III makes a similar noise when I shake it, I've decided to just not shake it and the noise doesn't bother me. It probably the lens moving, if you half press the camera button to focus on something close then release it do you hear another click? I assume that the lens itself is mounted on a spring mechanism and focuses by pushing or pulling against the lens mount. When the focusing mechanism is not active there is probably some play in the lens.

Guest nuscape
My Vario III makes a similar noise when I shake it, I've decided to just not shake it and the noise doesn't bother me. It probably the lens moving, if you half press the camera button to focus on something close then release it do you hear another click? I assume that the lens itself is mounted on a spring mechanism and focuses by pushing or pulling against the lens mount. When the focusing mechanism is not active there is probably some play in the lens.

So I assume you all having the same issue and hopefully there is nothing to worry about.

Guest dolbe666

well my TYTN II does it also now I've checked, it makes a clicking noise shaking it from end to end but not side to side. Im asuming its the sliding action of the keyboard mechanism, It has to have some moving parts that have some play or the slide action wouldnt glide so effortlessly

Guest dolbe666
Another thing I can think of is the motor with the weight on it for the vibrate.

Ah good point the vibrate mechanisim has a vibrating weighted arm that moves

Guest nuscape
Ah good point the vibrate mechanisim has a vibrating weighted arm that moves

but if you listen carefully the sound is actually coming from around the top area where the speaker, camera, etc. I believe the vibration motor is down at the bottom (near the usb, mic, etc).

I still suspect is something to do with the camera thing...

Guest dolbe666
but if you listen carefully the sound is actually coming from around the top area where the speaker, camera, etc. I believe the vibration motor is down at the bottom (near the usb, mic, etc).

I still suspect is something to do with the camera thing...

here you go have a peak inside and see if you can find the moving part ;)

Kaiser_disassembled.pdf