British Sumertine is it me ?

Guest wardy

I thought Win Mobile changed at british summer time automatically ? Mine didn't as you can guess . can anyone confirm ...?

Edited by wardy

Weirdly, the missus' Touch didn't my Kaiser did!

P

I know its not a biggy but it's annoying m now. i have just reset the device (hard reset ) Set the time to yesterday before 1 am ... No change .. Did it again for 11:59 nothing.

Is this a reg seting somewhere

Pretty funny really. Mine didn't update itself.

But I remember, this time last year, posting a thread on xda-developers, with pretty much the exact title and body text because my XDA Mini S (Wizard) never did either. So I wasn't actually shocked this morning when I woke up and then had another hours sleep ;)

I have got "Automatically switch time zones" disabled in the phone but that's for when you take the phone abroad yes?

Guest jimbouk

Its a setting following hard reset/first use of device, when you set the time zone, you can then tick a box to select if the device updates dst automatically?

Its a setting following hard reset/first use of device, when you set the time zone, you can then tick a box to select if the device updates dst automatically?

I just Hard Reset mine and that option is defo not there . I have however seen something strange in the phone application. Where it shows my number, it shows it as 00447949xxxxxx Surely this is recognised as an International dial number shouldn't it be simply 447949 or even 07949xxxxxx

Guest Neil5459
I thought Win Mobile changed at british summer time automatically ? Mine didn't as you can guess . can anyone confirm ...?

Mine did as well, and as I keep mine by the bed at night, we were woken by the Notification Chime :(

With WM5 it changed automatically without the chime, and told you it had changed when you next turned the device on, which in my opinion (and the wife's!) was much better ;)

Guest hotphil

Tis a little strange - I've checked My Controls and they're set to GMT and Auto-DST...

As long as this (most excellent) forum continues to work then it don't bug me!

Guest chilledatthebottom

Nah, my VarioIII didn't switch back to GMT either... Mildly annoying as I thought it should be one time, clock on the V3 said something different, assumed it would be right, then was late going out somewhere!! Grrr !!

Sent an Email to HTC , the strange thing is as well on mine . In settings on the blue phone icon my phone number shows as 00447949xxxxxx surely this shpuld show as just 447949 or just 07949

Where is this auto DST setting as well as in the post above

Guest sc0user_75

I think it would be good to know what phones we are using and then see if this is common on certain phones only.

Im using a VIII and the time updated no problemo.

Guest jimbouk

Am I going mad?

When I first got the device, I turned it on and just like a new windows pc, it asked me to confirm my timezone, and the date/time and if I wanted it to automatically update the clock in accordance with daylight savings time.

Or am I imagining that?