British Sumertine is it me ?

Guest wardy

Am I going mad?

When I first got the device, I turned it on and just like a new windows pc, it asked me to confirm my timezone, and the date/time and if I wanted it to automatically update the clock in accordance with daylight savings time.

Or am I imagining that?

Hope Not Jimbo :( But now you have me thinking after two hard resets have i missed this and now I am thinking of hard resetting again to check ;) No reply yet rom HTC , just the computer generated thanks we have your email and here is a number . Now wait in the queue

Guest chilledatthebottom

Pretty fair to say then...You're TyTN2 updates itself for correct time, dependant which way the wind was blowing Sunday morning....

Guest baileymp

I always liked the way my phone changed to DST automatically, but was surprised that my HTC Tytn II didn't update automatically on sunday.

I'd kind of forgotten about it until now, but having noticed this post I just double checked my "Regional Settings" - it seems that since I last did a hard reset my phone had defaulted to "English (United States)". Have now changed this to "United Kingdom" the auto update works (To test whether or not it worked I put the clock back to 1.59 am on sunday and sure enough, the daylight savings pops up.)

Hope this works for everyone else! ;)

Guest baileymp

NB I really should post more... Been visiting this damn website for over four years and I'm a bloody newbie. I've known my wife for less time than that.

No that's only for people who have changed DST e.g. stupid Americans who have decided that their summertime isn't good enough ;)

I'm definately set to United Kingdom and mine didn't change, Vario III. Hehe, it is totally random.

didn't work on my varioIII..

just randomly went to the windows mobile website and top of the list is a dst update... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mob...cketpc/dst.mspx

I guess they have realised a bit late that half their devices aren't updating...

Why didn't you read the link you posted? As I just said above, and I quote that link you posted "It is for DST changes in the United States, Canada, and Mexico only." because they're messing around with when their DST changes. This has nothing to do with the fact that some devices changed, some didn't. My Wizard never did, so its obviously a long standing Windows Mobile thing.

Guest creamhackered

This is a prime example of why these devices aren't replacing Blackberries yet...if they can't even update the DST properly imagine if that happened in a big enterprise where 5,000 people are using them for meetings! Jeeze.

Guest hotphil

Am I right in thinking the Yanks are having some kind of change to DST this year? Maybe that's related. Mine kind of changed in that it set itself to a timezone one hour ahead. Which is very wrong.... But not a biggy for me to correct. And I actually corrected it before 08:00 when ActiveSync kicks in, I wonder if my Exchange server would've taken care of it had I left it?

Time syncronisation generally does occur when ActiveSyncing, not sure about to the Exchange Server though. Quite possibly!

and yes, the yanks are messing it all up this year. Read back like, 3 posts. This is the third time I've said it now <_< ;)

Edited by lozzd

Guest jimbouk

Its preprogrammed in the device (ie the dates the time changes are set in the calendar for x years ahead) hence the patch released for US users this year and all their DSt dates changed.

It is a start up setting that you choose when you choose your timezone (as its only then that the device can identify if you are choosing a timezone that has DST changes).

I assume all the users who's devices didnt change had set their devices to GMT initially.

Guest adjonline

The US DST changes may be relevant. My Vario II didn't change. Next day, I installed the Microsoft DST Update for WM6 and rolled the time back - this time round it changed. Can't guarantee it wasn't a fluke but I suspect it was the reason.

if you go into settings-phone there's a timezone tab in which is one option... "automatic change time-zone and clock". is this the badboy thats causing all the confusion?xx

Guest Webreaper

My XDA Wizard updated fine, so yes, it's a bit of a retrograde step.

Frankly, I've never understood why there isn't inbuilt SNTP time-sync functionality build into WM the same as on Win2k/XP/Vista. It's hardly complex code (I wrote a C++ app to do it on XP in about 30 lines). The fact that it wasn't in WM5 was careless, the fact it wasn't added in WM6 was really unforgivable.

I use a little app called SynchroTime to adjust my clock (when I'm not activeSyncing) but what would be really nice is to have an app that works like QuickGPS - i.e., you can set it to auto-check the time, say, daily, and it'll sync the clock with internet time servers silently in the background. Does such an app exist?