British Sumertine is it me ?

Guest wardy

Guest Webreaper
I use a little app called SynchroTime to adjust my clock (when I'm not activeSyncing) but what would be really nice is to have an app that works like QuickGPS - i.e., you can set it to auto-check the time, say, daily, and it'll sync the clock with internet time servers silently in the background. Does such an app exist?

Aha. Apparently it does: http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk/products/mTimeSync.htm

Be nice if there was a free one though. ;)

It is a start up setting that you choose when you choose your timezone (as its only then that the device can identify if you are choosing a timezone that has DST changes).

I assume all the users who's devices didnt change had set their devices to GMT initially.

The question is, why isn't there an option to change this afterwards anywhere? or there must be a registry entry?

But I'm pretty sure I'd change this if I saw it... And someone already hard reset and double checked that they checked it and it still didn't work..

Ok my clock has updated now after removing m:panel. Not sure if another program is effecting M:panel on my device but summertime adjusted after I removed. Left it till last as I've spent a fiver on sms's already with this software.

Shame as this software seems to work for most just not for me ;)(

Guest Webreaper

My device told me on Sunday morning that it had successfully updated the time to DST. Guess we know what the problem is then - for some reason the ROM is getting confused between the UK and US DST switchover dates. ;)

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
My device told me on Sunday morning that it had successfully updated the time to DST. Guess we know what the problem is then - for some reason the ROM is getting confused between the UK and US DST switchover dates. ;)

Same here - got the message yesterday morning ... +1 week after the proper changeover.

Guest Neil5459

My Ameo, which correctly updated to GMT on 27th October, also gave me the 'successfully updated the time to DST' message (and bl00dy 2am chime!) on Sunday morning, 4th Novemeber, though it didn't make any changes to the time.

My P3600 correctly updated on 27th October, and didn't give me the message this W/E.

Both are set for GMT/London and Automatically Adjust....; Both running WM6.

Very odd ;)

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
Depends what you mean by 'proper'. The 'proper' changeover data in the US was this weekend.

Well, given that the thread was started about someone asking about the BST changeover:

I thought Win Mobile changed at british summer time automatically ? Mine didn't as you can guess . can anyone confirm ...?

we can take it that 'proper' in this context means last week.

Guest jimbouk
Depends what you mean by 'proper'. The 'proper' changeover data in the US was this weekend.

Thats ever so slightly rich considering world times are zero'd on GMT... ;)

Edited by jimbouk

Guest finisterre

My SPV C500 updated properly. My Vario II running official HTC WWE WM6 didn't. However, when I just recreated the situation it did. Bizarre.

Edited by finisterre

That's funny because my didn't change late this weekend either. I guess it must be something to do with the email not checking sometimes bug we all seem to be experiencing. Things that happen when the phone is in standby mode are just so damn random.

Guest Deathace

both my wizard (Vario) and kaiser (vario 3) changed to say it had updated the time blah blah with no problems.

Going on what was said above I remember seeing the option for the DST when i powered on my v3 for the first time and have seen it since when i was playing around but i cant for the life of me find it again ;)

it is there somewhere i will have a nother look later.

Russ

Guest Webreaper
Thats ever so slightly rich considering world times are zero'd on GMT... ;)

No, you're misinterpreting me.

In the US, the proper date for UST was this weekend. In the UK, the proper date for DST was last weekend. Hence the reason some Kaisers are switching to DST a week late - they're clearly picking up the US DST date rather than the UK one. This hasn't happened before, as I think this year is the first year that the autumn DST switchover dates for the US and UK do not coincide.

Guest jimbouk
No, you're misinterpreting me.

In the US, the proper date for UST was this weekend. In the UK, the proper date for DST was last weekend. Hence the reason some Kaisers are switching to DST a week late - they're clearly picking up the US DST date rather than the UK one. This hasn't happened before, as I think this year is the first year that the autumn DST switchover dates for the US and UK do not coincide.

I wasnt mis-interpreting you. I was taking the mickey though.