Help! HTC S710 won't turn on

Guest scotchxtape

Guest scotchxtape

The phone worked great for a week but yestraday, while i was on the train it completely froze. I was running Word and Win. Media Player at the same time and opened the key board when the screen got all disoriented and froze. After about a minute i closed the keyboard again and the screen was still messed up, then i just put it back in it's case but the backlight wouldn't turn off. After 15 minutes i decided to turn the phone off because nothing got better, when i turned it on again i got a blank screen and the right LED was green and occasionally blinked. At that point i couldn't turn the phone off by pressing the off button so i pulled out the battery, sim, and memory card, i put the battery back in and did a hard reset (soft keys), i still got nothing the screen was still blank and only that one LED went on. When i got home i waited till the battery drained and then charged it, while charging the LED was orange, when it was charged i tried to turn it on but still got nothing, after another 10 hard resets i still get nothing. I tried to get the boot loader to work and i get the screen (red, green, blue thing) like once every few tries so i know that (most of) the phone is working. I think this is a problem with Win. Mobile 6. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any ideas?

If this phone is bricked, does anyone have experience with returning it to HTC?

. . . either way i'm completely f***** at the moment ;)

btw, if it matters i'm in the US using T-mobile with the phone

• 2 weeks later...