I Don't have copilot On My Vario III

Guest deandaman

Guest deandaman

hi there,

i got my vario iii the other day from the local store in sunderland,love the phone ;) , anyways i looked everywhere in the phone and didn't find copilot and the manual mentioned nothing about it. tried looking in on the cd nothing there too.

also i couldn't get google maps to give me fix on my location. it just tell me that my device is not responding

is anybody else besides me having these issues in their vario?

should i go back to the shop and return the phone?

suggestions?

thanks

Guest hotphil

Unless you specifically bought the "with CoPilot" bundle then it won't come as standard I think. If you did specifically request the "with CoPilot" bundle and didn't get it, you need to go back to the shop.

I had the same issue with the timeout for Google Maps being too short to get a GPS fix. There's a thread on it here, one cure is to download a 3rd party app that'll just quickly get you a fix that Google Maps can use. No such problems with Yahoo! Go! though....

Edited by hotphil

Guest jimbouk

I didnt think they were doing a copilot bundle at the moment anyway.

As the poster above says, Google Maps times out before it can get a gps fix, unless you have used another GPS enabled program recently and your device already has a good idea where it is...

Guest hotphil

Cool. I've run through all the screenshots and keep hitting the refresh button on their site to see if I can buy an upgrade, but not yet. Looking forward to it. Depends how much the upgrade is mind - under £40 and it's a definite, any more and (for the amount of driving I do) I'll wait. Hope it's not tied to the bundled 1GB card and that I can download a soft-upgrade....

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's not tied to the card, I can tell you that much ;)

I only got it on Friday (minus the PC component, as that is at manufacturing!) and I can tell you it's MUCH slicker than the old version!

P

Guest jimbouk

I was talking to ALK last week and they said that T would have the upgrade from November, then O2, and then general release. Upgrade pricing for Live 6 owners would be their normal upgrade policy.

Guest hotphil

Ah yes, I've just noticed the wording on their site is "available to ORDER from Monday 29th" - which is different from "available to BUY" isn't it? Guess I'll have to wait. Unless of course Paul doesn't want his copy and wishes to chuck it my way ;)

Guest hotphil

It's getting close to the end of "Monday 29th October" and still no active link on their site to be able to find out how much it'll be and/or place an order. I wonder if they've postponed launch?

edit: shucks, the website's changed to say available from 30th October now :-( I hope they didn't find any last-minute critical bug!

Edited by hotphil