T-Mobile release MDA Vario II Windows Mobile 6 upgrade

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Now here's something that's rather out of the blue! T-Mobile have released a Windows Mobile 6 update for their MDA Vario II device!

Spotted by eagle eyed MoDaCo members and being discussed in this topic in http://Hermes.MoDaCo.com, the updated finally gives a legitimate Windows Mobile 6 option for those who want to be using the latest Operating System, but don't want to risk flashing their device with unofficial ROMs.

The update is well worth having, although it sadly features the same unsubtle T-Mobile branding as the original Windows Mobile 5 ROM.

Orange are yet to release a Windows Mobile 6 update for the SPV M3100 - and state they have no plans to do so. ;)

I've included some screenshots of the WM6 update below (courtesy of MoDaCo member 'Fragmeister'), head on over to the discussion topic to get the update and find out more!

P

Version.jpgDeviceInfo.jpgCommManager.jpgDialler2.jpg

Guest FragMeister

One word of warning:

Although this is a pukka ROM, from the htc t-mobile branded site, there is as yet no link from t-mobile.co.uk so you may have to explain yourself to tmob customer services if you have any problems!

After being delighted at how great a job T-Mo did with the branding on the Kaiser (hardly any) I can't beleive how much pink there is on this. I'm DL-ing this for a friend, looks like I need to put another hour aside just to get it looking nice ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.