Up close with the Brodit device holder for Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]MoDaCo regulars will know i'm a sucker for Brodit products. I've been using their device holders for longer than I remember, and have spent more on their goods than I care to work out! It's double trouble in my house, as both myself and my wife like to use their holders in the car, and we rarely have the same device. Add to that how often I change my primary device, and it's a nightmare ;)

I've had a Kaiser since late June, and since then I had been squeezing the device into my Herald holder. Thankfully however, with the launch of the device comes the launch of the tailored Kaiser holders, and I have to say - and this is the reason for the post - Brodit have really outdone themselves this time!

As always, the holder is a superb fit, but this time - rather than making seperate portrait and landscape holders (as they have previously) - Brodit have designed the holders so it can hold the phone vertically AND horizontally, with the keyboard closed OR open!

I've posted some pics of the holder in action below (with more after the jump for news page readers)... if you have a Kaiser, you want one of these :(

P

PS I've also included a pic of the 'move clips' I use, which allow me to swap the holder for my wife's (HTC Touch) in a flash.

PPS For UK orders, check out DSL Developments.

brodit1.jpgbrodit2.jpg

[/teaser]

brodit3.jpgbrodit4.jpg

brodit5.jpgbrodit6.jpg

Guest Paul (MVP)

Au contraire, I have the proclip for the car, and then the 'move clip' on both the proclip and the holder. Then another move clip on my wife's Touch holder, and we can easily swap between them. ;)

P

Guest FrankyG
Au contraire, I have the proclip for the car, and then the 'move clip' on both the proclip and the holder. Then another move clip on my wife's Touch holder, and we can easily swap between them. :(

P

So you're looking at between £40-50 for the holder and the pro-clip together...ouch ;) seems steep.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, indeed. But when you have the ProClip, it then lasts you the life of the car. It's not cheap at all, but there's no other solution that's anywhere near as good IMHO!

P

Yay i have bought one now :( i love the broadit range... I have a telescopic one bought a little while ago (not a broadit version but very good)with a car charger if anyone is interested ;) let me know and i will email some pictures.. this connects to the windscreen :D

Edited by rand

Guest Markda2000

I have loved brodit for a while, but was very dissapointed to find out the only proclip they do for my recently purchased Honda Prelude is down by the gear shift, not very good for sat nav.

If anyone knows of a decent vent mount for a '98 prelude, I would appreciate the heads up.

Guest nevawlkalone
I have loved brodit for a while, but was very dissapointed to find out the only proclip they do for my recently purchased Honda Prelude is down by the gear shift, not very good for sat nav.

If anyone knows of a decent vent mount for a '98 prelude, I would appreciate the heads up.

I have the same problem in my Accent, the best thing i have found is on GPS4LESS on ebay...this i where i have been looking.

Choose left hand drive from the brodit webiste proclip slection and see if thats any better & will work for your RHD Prelude.

Guest Syphon Filter

Do Brodit holders have to go with a pro-clip? And am I right in saying that a pro-clip has to screw into some part of your dash (leaving holes if you ever remove the clip)?

Do Brodit holders have to go with a pro-clip? And am I right in saying that a pro-clip has to screw into some part of your dash (leaving holes if you ever remove the clip)?

Both are made by Brodit.....not sure if interchangeable with other manufacturers holders

But the Proclip usually slots in between some of the dash plastic trim...If that is not possible or not secure enough then I think tape is supplied

Go the Brodit site and choose your car and it shows you how your Proclip mounts.

I've ordered mine today (active mount) and am looking forward to mounting it and hardwiring the cable in through my air vents so the cable is hidden away

• 2 months later...
Guest WearTheFoxHat

Am I right in saying that the "Pro-Clip" is the fixing designed specifically for each make of car ... so say you had a Bubble car and wanted to fix your handset to the dash of the car without leaving marks. Then you get the bubble car pro-clip which then attaches inside the dash fixings.

You also have the choice of different fixing positions which you need to decide before buying the clip. e.g Beside radio, down by gearstick, up near windscreen etc.

Im really keen to get that brodit mount, but car goes back in two months, so will have to wait :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.