Thinking OSX Leopard? Use Missing Sync? Beware!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hi folks!

Another public service announcement for you from MoDaCo ;)

If you're a Mac user (like me), and you use Mark/Space's excellent 'Missing Sync' for Windows Mobile (like me), and you plan to upgrade to OSX Leopard (like me), you might want to hold fire (unlike me!) :D

After upgrading to Leopard over the weekend (it rocks!), I noticed Missing Sync behaving oddly today. Sure enough, on visiting the Mark/Space site, I was greeted by the following announcement:

Q: Is Missing Sync compatible with Leopard?

A: Not yet. We've been testing on pre-release versions of Leopard and have determined that updates will be required for Leopard compatibility. We are well underway in making the required changes to support Leopard and expect to post free updates to the most current versions of The Missing Sync for Palm OS™, The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile™, The Missing Sync for Blackberry™ and The Missing Sync for PSP within 90 days of Leopard's commercial release.* We recommend that The Missing Sync not be used with Leopard, pending the official release of these planned updates.

SyncTogether 1.0 is not compatible with Leopard and we do NOT recommend using SyncTogether 1.0 with Leopard at this time. We are still investigating options and will report any changes to our plans on this page and/or in the SyncTogether forum.

Q: How can I be notified when Mark/Space ships Leopard-compatible updates?

A: Sign up for the Mark/Space Announce newsletter and announcement list or check the Mark/Space web site. You can also choose "Check for updates" in the Missing Sync menu to check to see if you have the latest release.

Whoops! :) Too late for me (well, I still would have upgraded anyway!), but if sync is vitally important to you, then at least you're now armed with the information you need to make your decision.

Anyway, i'm off to VMware Fusion / Vista to copy some files from my device, SOB :(

P

[Edit: Cunning plan B - rather than using VMware, install the excellent Softick Card Export on Kaiser, and use as mass storage device. WIN!]

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks for the heads-up Paul. I was going to order Leopard mid-week. But will hold tight now till we get some positive news from MarkSpace.

Guess I'll just go and order the brodit holder instead ;)

Guest Paul (MVP)

;)

Shame really because i'm loving Leopard, and the 'spaces' feature really makes a difference to how I work. I can leave VMware Fusion / Vista (for Visual Studio) maximized on a second space, run my normal stuff in the first space, and just toggle between them, with CTRL and arrow keys.

P

Guest sc0user_75
:(

Shame really because i'm loving Leopard, and the 'spaces' feature really makes a difference to how I work. I can leave VMware Fusion / Vista (for Visual Studio) maximized on a second space, run my normal stuff in the first space, and just toggle between them, with CTRL and arrow keys.

P

I read that there are very few, if any, changes to Mail and Calendar :D I feel that these 2 apps are very poor on Tiger and defo needed A LOT of improving.

Spaces sounds cool though ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.