BluePhoneElite 2 for OSX leaves Beta

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

BluePhoneElite 2, a rather nifty application to hook your Windows Mobile device (and other platforms in fact!) up to OSX, has just left Beta!

Available for $24.95 with a 14 day trial (and as a free upgrade for existing users), BluePhoneElite offers:

status-menu.gif

message-center.gif

call-center.gif

Dial and receive calls
  • Use your computer's microphone and speakers like a Bluetooth hands-free device!
  • Phone to computer call-log synchronization
  • Incoming call notification with caller ID and customizable alerts
  • On-screen call controls and duration tracking
  • Search and export call details with notes
    • Access messages when phone is not connected
    • Message changes synchronize when phone connects
    • Organize messages in local folders
    • Incoming message notification
    • Searchable database supports 100,000+ messages

Integrate and customize.

[*]Extendable plug-in architecture

[*]Phone number lookup from most Bluetooth phones and Apple's Address Book application

[*]Integration with OS X features: AppleScript, Spotlight, Speech Synthesis and more...

[*]Integration with Apple apps: Address Book, iCal, iChat, iTunes and more...

[*]Status menu and programmable hot-keys provide fast access from any application

I've installed the application this morning, and it seems very slick indeed! Sadly my Kaiser isn't on the supported devices list, and some functions (such as calling) don't appear to work. I've been happily managing my SMS and calls though, so i'm going to follow up with Mira regarding full Kaiser support. To find out if your device is on the list, visit their compatability page!

The call-thru functionality sounds VERY cool, so I hope they get that up and running soon! If your device IS on the compatability list, let us know how you get on ;)

P

[Via: TUAW]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shuflie

They added the TyTN II in as a compatible device now if you want to check back and see if its any different.

EDIT: Just had a look at the Apple iPhone compatibility page and find it a bit funny that its severely limited compared to the TyTN II. Might give the demo a go on my old Dual USB iBook later.

Edited by Shuflie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.