Slow screen rotation?

Guest pjam001

Guest pjam001

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the responsiveness during and after the screen rotation when the keyboard is slid out?

I find I have to wait several seconds after opening the keyboard before i can attempt to do anything.

cheers

pjam

Yeah that really does suck. Everything else is fast just not that. Funny thing is that I remember a preview video of the Kaiser ages ago and it was really quick which impressed me.

Now, do you have a Vario III pjam? Maybe its a ROM thing.

Guest dolbe666
Is there anything that can be done to speed up the responsiveness during and after the screen rotation when the keyboard is slid out?

I find I have to wait several seconds after opening the keyboard before i can attempt to do anything.

cheers

pjam

It must be something you have installed. iI get instant responce after opening my keyboard and the screen rotates fast. ive got well over 40 applications installed with no slowdown

Gah, something we've both installed slows it down then ;)

Currently running in the background:

SPB Weather, on home screen.

Comm manager

calender

contacts

windows live

windows live messenger

notes

file explorer

internet explorer

sms \ mms

hitting "stop all" seems to make it a bit quicker. does everything rotate in the background then? :(

The annoying thing is, it rotates quickly, its just it takes about 5 seconds to respond to any requests afterwards, like typing etc.

Edited by lozzd

Guest pjam001

Vario 3 yeh!

I do seem to remember that after a hard reset and prior to installing anything, the response was faster.

It is the response post rotation, as you say lozzd, that is the problem.

Need most of my stuff though. ;)

Edited by pjam001

I disabled PHM Traylaunch and SPB Weather with all the apps closed and although quicker it's still slow. ;)

It definitely was faster.

So it may well be something I installed, but with nothing running, how could it affect the rotation? :(

I just did a soft reset and it's pretty snappy now. So what loads that slows it down? :D

Edited by lozzd