Motorola Q9H on AT&T: Official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
q9.jpg
Motorola have now announced the official release of the Q9H Smartphone, shipping tomorrow - 2nd November 2007 on AT&T in the US.

The 134g, 11.8mm thick Windows Mobile 6 Standard device, which features 2.4" QVGA landscape screen, 3.6MB HSDPA, 256MB memory, GPS (!) and a 2 Megapixel Camera will be priced at a bargain $200 on a 2 year contract. Very competitive indeed!

Interested? Check out the Q9H page at Motorola for the full lowdown! I have to say, the inclusion of GPS in this device makes it very attractive indeed!

P

I purchased my Q from Sprint this year and I have to say that if I knew that the new Q was coming to sprint before I bought this, I would've done the same still. This is the best PDA I have worked with and once the new one comes to Sprint, hopefully late this year (as the reps tell me) I will surely dish out the money to get it even w/o an upgrade or discounts etc... Definently worth the money. Great link, everytime I see it, it builds more anticipation, let's just hope it doesn't let us down.

Guest ascorpion

Its cool! and i think it is worthy 200$. Unfortuantly there is no WLAN and i dont like landscape screen ;)

what do u think is better Asus p525 or this moto Q9H. Prices are similar but which one is better...

EDIT1: Are u sure it has built in GPS reciver?? i didnt find info about it...

Edited by ascorpion

Guest dleasman

Wouldn't it be nice if T-Mobile could "compete" in the US.

AT&T/Cingular has released several new phones recently. They have a Kaiser variant, the iPhone, this new motorola, and several other new models.

What does T-Mobile have? The Dash and the Wing... How depressing...

Guest Monolithix

It seems the Dash was increadibly popular in its time though! The networks seem to have a product cycle meaning they ignore new generations of tech every now and then (although admittedly this is less common nowadays).

Guest Monolithix

Hah, speaking of battery life, i was reading the other day that Moto reckon this thing will get THIRTY DAYS standby.

And its not just moto, seriously, how do manufacturers get away with quoting such rediculous numbers for standby times of mobile handsets? When has anyone had more than 5 or maybe 6 days? The only time i see HTC handsets get more than a day or two is with the radio off and not touching it!

Just a pet peeve of mine ;)

Verizon are calling it the 'qmusic'

http://estore.vzwshop.com/qmusic/

nice 3d view, like the red...curious why the camera specs are different. I realise the network technology is different but why is the CDMA version only 1.3mpx?

M.S

Because that's Q9m not Q9h. The m is just a slightly updated (well, tweaked rather) Q9. The "music" moniker is cos together with a lower price (than the h) it's aimed at the entry/youngster market. Basically, polished yet outdated hardware.

Guest HerpezP
Hah, speaking of battery life, i was reading the other day that Moto reckon this thing will get THIRTY DAYS standby.

And its not just moto, seriously, how do manufacturers get away with quoting such rediculous numbers for standby times of mobile handsets? When has anyone had more than 5 or maybe 6 days? The only time i see HTC handsets get more than a day or two is with the radio off and not touching it!

Just a pet peeve of mine ;)

Well, the standby time means how long the battery lasts when it's only in standby (which actually does make sense given its name, right?).

Actually, I once did a test on my C500, that is listed as having a standby time of 140 hours. With very few calls and texts (and not tweaking the screen to turn off quickly or any other optimization) it lasted 130 hours. Haven't tested other phones, though, and I doubt the Q9h will keep up for thirty days, even if it is indeed listed as being able to do that.

Edited by HerpezP

Guest Monolithix

Yes exactly, but its a useless number, surely? Thats my main complaint with the number. Its like saying you can get from one end of the motorway to the other in x mins as its a 70 limit, its nearly never the case though due to traffic ;)

Guest HerpezP

You're quite right for most people in here - and probably for most people ever buying the Q9h, but for some people who are not using their phone much, I guess the number could be relevant. Else I guess you could just say that a phone listed with 200 hours of standby or 5 hours of talk equals 100 hours of standby and 2.5 hours of talk ;)

(You're right, I don't really care about that number either)

q9.jpg
MI have to say, the inclusion of GPS in this device makes it very attractive indeed!

P

Any more news on the GPS? From what I've read, it's crippled in the EU version, and performs badly on the ATT version (i.e. losing signal with clear skies), so doesn't make it very attractive at all!

Looks to me like it's another case of it being in the chipset as standard, but no decent antenna, so not mentioned in the specs to avoid "fit for purpose" litigation?

Edited by Metoo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.