Free FTP server for Windows Mobile now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hot on the heels of my 'LogMeIn Hamachi' article, here's another super-cool use for technology... a free FTP server for your Pocket PC!

Available from mochasoft, the FTP server allows you to connect remotely to your device, and upload / download files to your hearts content. No more messing with ActiveSync / CardExport for me, I just FTP in and grab my files!

Very neat, and the price is spot on ;)

Enjoy!

P

[Via: tech[dot]blog] via Solsie]

transmitmocha.jpg

Guest Paul (MVP)
I had Hamachi working fine earlier but now I can't get it to connect to my PC otherwise I would have tried this out.

Ditto, thought it was something i'd done! ;)

It's working over WiFi, but broken over GPRS it seems!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Weirdly, it corresponded with my activating the 'premium trial'.

So I just uninstalled, deleted application data/hamachi, and I have a free account again that's working great!

;)

P

Guest Phil Lee

I've reinstalled Hamachi after removing it and its data files and soft reset my VIII. I can now connect to my network briefly. The symbol next to my PC turns to a blue arrow followed by a yellow dot which as I understand it means they aren't connected.

Bugger, now I can't connect again, I guess this is why its a beta.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah, blue arrow means it's going via their relay servers, yellow dot means unable to connect. Could be a problem on your router tho? I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get a green blob ;)

P

Guest Phil Lee

It may be. I'll try again from home later. I did connect earlier though, I was sending chat messages between my PC and VIII.

Edited by Phil Lee

Why?

P

Well, I was thinking of making it easier to find my WM6 device, and ftp to it from anywhere (could be handy). That way I wouldn't have to setup hamachi.

Would be a "nice to have".

T.