Phone Service Died on Kaiser

Guest valleydog

Guest valleydog

I have a big problem which I hope all you Kaiser gurus can offer some advice:

I got my Kaiser two weeks ago, pop in my USA T-mobile sim card (GSM only) and it worked perfectly. I then went over to Taiwan and the device was put in Airplane mode for about 10 days. When I get back to the states, the phone no longer works; all other features of WM6 works except it the phone service.

It cannot find the t-mobile network regardless in auto or manual network selection mode. I tried the SIM card on my other phone and it works perfectly so that rules out the SIM card. I did a hard reset and it didn't cure the problem.

Question is, can the altitude or air cabin pressure somehow killed the phone portion of the unit?

What other diagnostic methods do you recommend?

Guest Neil5459

I've seen this reported before with the Hermes device- unfortunately can't remember, or find where it was. In that case the user had been 'roaming' with the device in France, but on return to UK, T-Mobile would not acknowledge the connection. His SIM worked in other phones, and other SIMs working in 'Roaming' mode on his phone.

Is your TyTnII unlocked? If so, can you try another operator's SIM card, or a T-Mobile PAYG SIM card? It may also be worth asking for T-Mob for a new USIM card

Guest knonist
I've seen this reported before with the Hermes device- unfortunately can't remember, or find where it was. In that case the user had been 'roaming' with the device in France, but on return to UK, T-Mobile would not acknowledge the connection. His SIM worked in other phones, and other SIMs working in 'Roaming' mode on his phone.

Is your TyTnII unlocked? If so, can you try another operator's SIM card, or a T-Mobile PAYG SIM card? It may also be worth asking for T-Mob for a new USIM card

Have you tried hard reseting?

Guest valleydog
Are BT and wifi working ok?

Yes, the phone is unlock. Unfortunately I haven't been able to source a sim from another provider. i will try to ask for another SIM from T-mobile.

Thanks for the suggestion thus far.

Guest Neil5459
ok, i tried my friend's SIM card (at&t) and it worked...

So what's the deal? Is it the carrier then?

Sounds as if the carrier is rejectng your IMEI number for some reason. You need to speak to CS, and try to get a new SIM card.

Guest valleydog
Sounds as if the carrier is rejectng your IMEI number for some reason. You need to speak to CS, and try to get a new SIM card.

Just an update. I went to T-mobile and tried on 3 working SIM cards but still can't get service on my phone. The CSR is puzzled and I am frustrated as hell.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest valleydog
Just an update. I went to T-mobile and tried on 3 working SIM cards but still can't get service on my phone. The CSR is puzzled and I am frustrated as hell.

Anyone else experiencing this?

The phone worked intermittantly today but now it went dead again...I hate this piece of crap