TomTom 6 and a holux 240 on an i-mate spl.

Guest Mark A Butcher

Guest Mark A Butcher

Has anyone had any luck running TomTom 6 on an spl? I can get TomTom to load and run and link a Holux slim 240 gps reciever to the spl via bluetooth. The problem is that TomTom dosn't seem to see the gps reciever! Any help appreciated, please email me at [removed].

Mark

Guest Paul (MVP)

I removed your email address from your post for your own good.

I'd recommend TT5 on a Smartphone, or even better a supported app such as CoPilot!

P

Guest slimgym

I wasn't sure whether CoPilot was compatible with non-touchscreen models - I had a look on the ALK website, none of the phones in the drop down are keypad models ;) I see V7 is now out, I'd love to try it but unlike US ALK, the UK side doesn't offer you a 30 day money back guarantee.

I have read people who've got TomTom6 going on non-touchscreen smartphones but it sounds like a pain - you have to use software cursor utilities to do so and apparently entering addresses can take ages as a result!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marekaq

Yes you r right, the 6 version of tom tom doesn't work. It is impossible to insert a destination, or you can use a keyboard emulator, impossibile to use, too slow for digiting.... The 5-th version is better but now the new maps are incompatible so....