Guest spider

Guest pecsvara
Yes Garmin XT working fine on 614c.

For Igo8 put this 3 lines on sys.txt file on both. SD & program files:

[gps]

port=6

baud=57600

set_messages=0

it works for me and for all 614c- i made until now.

What was wrong to you before of this change ?

Guest bluerider250
What was wrong to you before of this change ?

Com port was not find by igo8. (No GPS detected). I see others with 614c with no GPS detected by igo8. This change solved the problem.

Guest pecsvara
Com port was not find by igo8. (No GPS detected). I see others with 614c with no GPS detected by igo8. This change solved the problem.

Thank you. I have made the change on the sys.txt file and it is working for me as well. However You have written that this change must do both in SD and program file. Is it mean that you have made the modification somewhere on the IGO program card as well ?

Guest Faithflame

Anyone have experience HP's own navigation software for this device? Also anyone tested TomTom 6 on this or 614c? TomTom is not officially supported for this device but they didn't for sure know if that works or not.

Also anyone tried to manipulate 12-keypad multitap character map? Is that even possible? What I mean is that would it be possible to change default implementation so that if you for example press several times a -key you will eventually get for example ä -char on that key. Currently you have to use symbols if you don't want to use on-screen keyboard.

Guest spider
Anyone have experience HP's own navigation software for this device? Also anyone tested TomTom 6 on this or 614c? TomTom is not officially supported for this device but they didn't for sure know if that works or not.

Also anyone tried to manipulate 12-keypad multitap character map? Is that even possible? What I mean is that would it be possible to change default implementation so that if you for example press several times a -key you will eventually get for example ä -char on that key. Currently you have to use symbols if you don't want to use on-screen keyboard.

regarding the multi tap character map; I have Danish language on my 616 and if I use multi tap on the 12-keypad I will get ä if I press several times on a..

Whether this works on other language version I can not tell..

Guest bluerider250
Thank you. I have made the change on the sys.txt file and it is working for me as well. However You have written that this change must do both in SD and program file. Is it mean that you have made the modification somewhere on the IGO program card as well ?

If you make the change befor instal, then change sys file on SD card. After isnstal u need the change the sys in program files. If you change on SD card, after reinstal is all OK.

Guest pecsvara
If you make the change befor instal, then change sys file on SD card. After isnstal u need the change the sys in program files. If you change on SD card, after reinstal is all OK.

How did you find it out ? I mean the solution of this problem.

Guest nihonjin
For Igo8 put this 3 lines on sys.txt file on both. SD & program files:

worked great thanks heaps mate.

Now to find a great skin for igo8.

And yes tomtom 6 works fine. I use both tomtoma and igo but now that igo8 is working great i may find i will only use igo.

Guest Faithflame
And yes tomtom 6 works fine. I use both tomtoma and igo but now that igo8 is working great i may find i will only use igo.

According TomTom support they don't officially support it but I guess it is then working. :D Good news.

I just heard about this igo8...according webpage seems to be pretty new software. How much it costs...about? TomTom with Western Europe maps seems to cost about 130€.

I have been also asked about HP's own navigation software but haven't got any information what package includes and details about software...seems a little bit a black box for me. Is that good...who knows. TomTom I know and it worked just fine on my previous Ipaq. May have to buy that then...

Guest justin_nys

I'm having problems using word completion (start-> settings -> Input -> World completion)

I used to use this feature in my HP hw6515 where it'll suggest a few words when I enter 2 letters.

anyone have any idea how to use it? I have already enabled it but the words are just not coming out. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EREZYAD

for a full operation with one finger you can use this app

http://freewareppc.com/utilities/quickmenu.shtml

quickmenu.gif

download this freeware then extract the 3 files to a folder, copy to device (not memory card ) and tap on the exe for installation, after doing so you can get anywhere on your device with the keyboard wheel

pressing the start button will let you use the app(launcher ) ,taping the start will let you use the os menu

by sliding your finger from center (key num 5) to the right (key num 6) will let you go foreword with the menus, sliding the finger to the left will get you back

if you have running apps that you want to close you will see them added to the launcher menu, and by sliding on them to the right (toward the X ) will close it or all

(you will see it best in action)

pressing the enter will get you into the running app

to exit the app go quickmenu/exit

qgps app that works on the 600

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...6313&page=2

Edited by EREZYAD

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I owned a iPAQ 612c. If you have any question or would like to share with me. I m willing to test on behalf of you.

Basically i had using this unit for a few weeks. So far i don't found any big issue unless i have found out that when this unit overheat (u feel the warm), u'll experience it unable to charge the battery via sync or power adapter.

2. I was doubt that i saw previous post someone said that this unit can support up to 8GB SDHC microSD card, but as far as i know from HP document it states only 2GB. And do not support SDHC in this devices.

3. My GPS just work well by using Garmin and mal-sing maps. But the cons is that some of the time, it will have difficulties to start the GPSProxy, it shown all 0 degree, 0 values so GPS is not able to use unless more satelite is being detected.

4. Alarm a little sucks. The default alarm ringtone unable to change to MP3 or so. It was unable to wake me up all the time ... lol

5. I saw from previous thread, someone mention how to use the keyguard function. By right, u need to

Start -> Setting -> buttons -> lock tab -> check the "Enable keyguard" box and OK.

When your iPAQ enter standby mode, it should be automatically lock the keypad, so when u trying push the power button, it will prompt to unlock the keypad by press and release the left and right soft key.

6. the left "OK" button is just to disable the smartwheel function, i guess someone have provided the wrong info in prev post.

Best Regards,

Jack

Hello,

I read your post about the 612 where you said you had success with Garmin and GPS Proxy. I have been trying for days now with only limited success - I can only get a 2-D fix. I tried all kinds of settings. I am using Garmin Que 2.9 and GPS Proxy 2.2. The 2.2c (Wsian) gives error message on startup. Please share your settings, thank you.

• 1 month later...
Guest nobtiba1
so guys

here is the story

one of the first things i did as i used on my Tytn II was to install pmc keyboard 0.14 plus two greek files one font one skin

since minute one i did that

then i had a greek soft keyboard but the skin wasnt looking ok so i changed the regional settings of course rebooted and then i had the pmc keyboard looking greek

i didnt looked for typing until hours after so everything was xxucked up

Yes i reproduced everything

i facctory restored THEN I WAS ABLE TO WRIGHT IN ENGLISH BUT OF COURSE ONLY ENGLISH WORDS SINCE IT WASNT RECONGNIZED TURNED TO NUMBERS

THEN KALIF RESPONDED THANKS GOD KALIF WITH A CAB THAT DISABLES XT9 THEN

ONLY I COULD WRIGHT MULTITAPPING GREEKLISH WORDS

AFTER THAT I INSTALLED PMC KEYBOARD AND HAD THE SAME xxUCK UP

I COULD ONLY WRIGHT NUMBERS

went over again

factory recovery

kalif abc cab

resco keyb 501 supports greek fonts

everything ok

NO I DID NOT MESS WITH REGISTRY

i confirm the procces was double cheked

THANKS EVERYONE HERE FOR THE INPUT

AND HELP

THE IPAQ IS GREAT VERY FAST I HOPE IT GETS GREEK FROM HP BECAUSE I HAD TO TURN ALL MY CONTACTS TO ENGLISH AND I CANT WRITE IN GREEK WITHOUT RESCO KEYBOARD

satiros

Hi Satiros, please help me !!

I can only input number by keyboard on my Ipaq 612c. It would be great if i can input character as first time i use it for sms. Yes, i install pocket cm and pocket keyboard but uninstall pocket keyboard already. Want to keep pocket cm coz it is cool. How ever i think it f*ck up the system somewhere so i cannot input character by keyboard.

Don't want to restore because i spent alot of time customize it and it is in great appearence and functions now. Only input by keyboard so suck !

I ask around everywhere and only here seem could find out the answer. Help me !!!

Edited by nobtiba1

Hi,

But i tried it with a Sandisk 2 Gb Micro SD card and it was fine.

Cheers,

Hi,

I have 612c and I had problems with a Brand new Sandisk 2GB Micro SD Card, the card is recognized but the PDA thinks its full !! my 612c works fine with a Sandisk 8 GB HSDC card which is really strange !!

I went to the shop and I thought there was something wrong with the 2GB card but the guy replaced it with a new one and the same thing happened, we tried formatting it, still the problem presisted.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it or not:-

My PDA came with rom version 1.0.01.4 version but I had previously executed a rom update to 1.0.01.4 using the HP update utility just to test the rom and it worked fine ofcourse. but now I am experiencing this strange problem with the Sandisk 2GB Micro SD Card.

we tried a differend 2GB sd card by Nokia and it worked fine ! but cannot buy it from shops.

I need to know why this problem is happening or if there is a way to fix it, also whats another (none SDHC) 2GB SD Brand that I can use, the main reason I need one that is not SDHC is because I want to perform a WM6.1 rom update (by copying a flash.dio) to the SD card and getting into the SdLoader option.

Please advice on the Sandisk 2GB sd card issue, how come it worked for another person and not on my PDA!

Thanks

Guest nobtiba1
Does the Sandisk 2GB Micro SD Card come in different classes ? maybe this has anything to do with it?

Hi i also have 612c and want to use larger card (currently using 1gb). So what type of 4gb and 8gb card could be used? Is this must be Sandisk and HSDC or SDHC? I am confusing ...

Hi i also have 612c and want to use larger card (currently using 1gb). So what type of 4gb and 8gb card could be used? Is this must be Sandisk and HSDC or SDHC? I am confusing ...

I apologize that was an incorrect typo, its SDHC ofcourse. I have a Sandisk 8 GB SDHC working fine, can you tell me the exact type of micro card you are using please, thanks.

I reported the problem yesterday to HP, I was on the phone with them for 1 whole hour and waiting for feedback. The problem is as mentioned above, it would detect a Sandisk 2 GB (not SDHC) card as full and there for cannot read or write to it.

all comments are much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Will.x

Guest nobtiba1
I apologize that was an incorrect typo, its SDHC ofcourse. I have a Sandisk 8 GB SDHC working fine, can you tell me the exact type of micro card you are using please, thanks.

I reported the problem yesterday to HP, I was on the phone with them for 1 whole hour and waiting for feedback. The problem is as mentioned above, it would detect a Sandisk 2 GB (not SDHC) card as full and there for cannot read or write to it.

Thanks

My card working well is SanDisk microSD 1Gb. As you said, i have hope that my 612c could use 4gb and even 8gb sandisk MICRO SDHC card ? How is the speed of read and write? I find out that my current memory card is extremely slow when i copy something from it to PC ...

Edited by nobtiba1

Guest makoantz

Thanks

wow, exactly the same issue here! 2Gb Sandisk (non HC) and detected as full! However, I also bought an 8Gb HSDC but cannot be detected at all :D I ended up buying another 2Gb card from kingston and I am using this now.

Guest nobtiba1
wow, exactly the same issue here! 2Gb Sandisk (non HC) and detected as full! However, I also bought an 8Gb HSDC but cannot be detected at all :D I ended up buying another 2Gb card from kingston and I am using this now.

So finnaly could 612 c users come here to confirm if 4gb SDHC could be use for 612 c or not ? i am going to buy an 4gb sandisk micro sdhc tomorrow but very confusing now. 2 Gb seems not enough for the needs ...

Brand new 1GB Sandisk and 2GB Sandisk don't work, they get recognized but cannot read or write to them. The 8GB Sandisk SDHC works fine though !!!, waiting for feedback from HP.

Guest nobtiba1
Brand new 1GB Sandisk and 2GB Sandisk don't work, they get recognized but cannot read or write to them. The 8GB Sandisk SDHC works fine though !!!, waiting for feedback from HP.

Why you want 1Gb or 2Gb works when you have a working 8Gb ? For me i prefer 8Gb. Where did you get your 8gb and are you selling yours ? Do you want to change with mine ? :D

Edited by nobtiba1

Why you want 1Gb or 2Gb works when you have a working 8Gb ? For me i prefer 8Gb. Where did you get your 8gb and are you selling yours ? Do you want to change with mine ? ;)

Ofcourse I perfer the 8GB SDHC :wacko: but The reason I need to get the 1GB or the 2GB to work is because I want to upgrade to WM6.1 and the bootloader of the PDA only recognizes none (SDHC Cards) so they must be either 1 or 2 GB.

its pretty simple to update to WM6.1 just copy a file called flash.dio to the SD Card and boot ur PDA and wait for like 45 to 50 mins, but I need a (none SDHC) to work first

before I can do all that.

you can read more here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421663

cheers.

Edited by Will.x

Guest nobtiba1

Hi all,

It is very strange that in my 612c i cannot find the ABC input method. (When i click into the small up arrow near the small keyboard). That is why i can not choose input characters by numeric keypad. The keypad only input numbers.

May be some program cause this problem for me. ( The on screan keyboard some time appear full on the bottom and i can not see the soft key below).

Do you know any program or .cab file to install to get the ABC input again ? I really need to input character by keypad because touch on screen for sms is not convenient for me!

Need your helps ! Many thanks !!