Questions about HP IPAQ 610

Guest spider

I tried to install this update but got the following error message:

"This version of theIPAQ Update Utility is not compatible with your IPAQ. Please obtain the correct update and try again.

This Update: Model ID: HP IPAQ 61(??,?) Business Navigator

Your Device: Model ID: HP IPAQ 614c NG Business Navigator"

As I can see this update should match... also, this is the only available update... any idea or help tip would be great.

Thanks,

Sasa

Hi Sasa,

Mine is also HP Ipaq 614c & i did the update with no problem. Did you follow the instruction?

Click on the "Release Notes" tap, scroll down to see the "How to install"

There's also a list of which device is the update for. Please check it out again

Edited by hlay

Guest nihonjin

Hi i cant seem to accept any incoming bluetooth connections. A friend tried to send me a file via bluetooth and he keeps getting send failed. I can send a file to him. The manual talks about setting up some kind of folder for receving files but the settings menu it talks about does not exist. Can someone please confirm they can receiving incoming files via bluetooth and also what you did to make this work.

Thanks.

Guest over.be
Hi i cant seem to accept any incoming bluetooth connections. A friend tried to send me a file via bluetooth and he keeps getting send failed. I can send a file to him. The manual talks about setting up some kind of folder for receving files but the settings menu it talks about does not exist. Can someone please confirm they can receiving incoming files via bluetooth and also what you did to make this work.

Thanks.

Hi, this device can do anything!=) Right now i'm connected throught my 614c using 3G Connection sharing.

First of all, go to Settings->connections->Beam and tick the checkmark. It is very important.

Now pair the devices. I had success only by starting pairing from 614c. Now you can receive the files. Please, write about results.

Guest jamesholder

i just once used bluetooth to send a picture made with the camera.

no problems with that. but you really have to pair the devices.

bluetooth headset works fine too (with pairing ;-) ).

james

Guest nihonjin
First of all, go to Settings->connections->Beam and tick the checkmark. It is very important.

Hi thanks that did the trick. But why do you need to accept all incoming files? I dont think it is very good security as when someone sends a file it automatically receives it instead of asking if i want to. I think it would be better to detect a file is being sent and then ask if i want to receive it or not.

Anyway at least i can recevie. Thanks again.

Guest unileeds

Hi I have a few questions...

a) can you suggest a few applications (free ones) which would improve the functionality of the WM6 and touch screen Hp614. The Iphone emulator interface is great as it lets the finger do all the work... anyother applications like that...Something like a task manager, soemthing that has a better Alarm functionality, Something that actually closes the application if the [x] on the top right is clicked.

b ) How can I add custom tones for the SMS and alarm in the hp614. I have custom ringtones, but havent figured otu custom alarms and sms tones yet.

c) Anyother interesting applications.

Cheers

Guest Attila Zoltan Gaspar

Hi Guys!

I got my Ipaq 614c 3 days a go and I have to say a love it. But I am having a really bad problem that I bought a 4Gb Kingston Micro SDHC card. The phone is recognising the card when I put in but start to use it I can write on just 3 Mb the pda is getting really slow and stop the writing. After that when I stop the process the phone can not see the Micro SDHC card. I have to switch it off and on to recognise the card again.

Have somebody any idea to solve this problem??? I really need help.

Guest dirlan2001
Hi Guys!

I got my Ipaq 614c 3 days a go and I have to say a love it. But I am having a really bad problem that I bought a 4Gb Kingston Micro SDHC card. The phone is recognising the card when I put in but start to use it I can write on just 3 Mb the pda is getting really slow and stop the writing. After that when I stop the process the phone can not see the Micro SDHC card. I have to switch it off and on to recognise the card again.

Have somebody any idea to solve this problem??? I really need help.

Hi,

I guess you have a technical problem. In my PDA, I've a SanDisk 4 GB microSDHC without any problem. There's about 1.7 GB used (including one 580 MB video) and I can read and write as much as I like to it.

Maybe you should contact the vendor and check another card... or another phone.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi,

I guess you have a technical problem. In my PDA, I've a SanDisk 4 GB microSDHC without any problem. There's about 1.7 GB used (including one 580 MB video) and I can read and write as much as I like to it.

Maybe you should contact the vendor and check another card... or another phone.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi,

But i tried it with a Sandisk 2 Gb Micro SD card and it was fine.

Cheers,

Hi,

But i tried it with a Sandisk 2 Gb Micro SD card and it was fine.

Cheers,

I've been using the 8GB Sandisk Micro SDHC for about a month without a problem. You may have a bad one. Try to return it & get a Sandisk.

I've been using the 8GB Sandisk Micro SDHC for about a month without a problem. You may have a bad one. Try to return it & get a Sandisk.

Ok! Let's try!

Guest hungryJack

Do u guys have any idea on the memory for the storage and program?

Even though all programs or files, i was installed all the programs in microSD storage card. But it will still consume my storage and program memory.

1. there is one time my Storage memory was 125.74MB. used up to 125.22MB. Then it will prompt me the error said memory full or something.

2. Any idea on what is the storage 125.47MB memory and program 112.35MB? what is the different?

Thanks

Guest Chucky7
Do u guys have any idea on the memory for the storage and program?

Even though all programs or files, i was installed all the programs in microSD storage card. But it will still consume my storage and program memory.

1. there is one time my Storage memory was 125.74MB. used up to 125.22MB. Then it will prompt me the error said memory full or something.

2. Any idea on what is the storage 125.47MB memory and program 112.35MB? what is the different?

Thanks

There are 4 specific Memory Areas on the iPaq:

STORAGE: Which is the User-available space for files.

iPAQ STORE: A Specially partitioned part of the ROM which is the User-available space for files.

PROGRAM: Which is the Phones RAM (128MB, 112.35MB OS available) (acts similar to the RAM on your PC, used for loading & running programs only).

STORAGE CARD: If you got a microSD card in the Phone.

Note if you do a lot of surfing in Mobile Internet Explorer, then the cache will use a number of megabytes with temporary internet files.

The iPAQ has 256MB of ROM Memory, out of this the OS uses (~100MB) some of the memory for holding the windows Mobile OS system files etc. The remaining (125.77MB) makes up the user available STORAGE memory. The (24.89MB) surplus is the partitioned memory which is known as the iPAQ STORE this is a special memory area which survives hard-resets.

The STORAGE memory will survive a loss of power (flat battery) and a soft-reset. But a hard-reset will wipe all user generated files.

Jase

Guest jamesholder

hello guys!

the german device released the last days and my question is if anyone has a german rom i could install on my UK device?

would be nice :D

james

Guest niraviry

Same here. I and another friend have 8GB SDHC by sundisk and it is OK. I can only say that you can not upgrade frimware with SDHC. Simply use old miniSD.

Guest niraviry
Hi all,

I owned a iPAQ 612c. If you have any question or would like to share with me. I m willing to test on behalf of you.

Basically i had using this unit for a few weeks. So far i don't found any big issue unless i have found out that when this unit overheat (u feel the warm), u'll experience it unable to charge the battery via sync or power adapter.

2. I was doubt that i saw previous post someone said that this unit can support up to 8GB SDHC microSD card, but as far as i know from HP document it states only 2GB. And do not support SDHC in this devices.

3. My GPS just work well by using Garmin and mal-sing maps. But the cons is that some of the time, it will have difficulties to start the GPSProxy, it shown all 0 degree, 0 values so GPS is not able to use unless more satelite is being detected.

4. Alarm a little sucks. The default alarm ringtone unable to change to MP3 or so. It was unable to wake me up all the time ... lol

5. I saw from previous thread, someone mention how to use the keyguard function. By right, u need to

Start -> Setting -> buttons -> lock tab -> check the "Enable keyguard" box and OK.

When your iPAQ enter standby mode, it should be automatically lock the keypad, so when u trying push the power button, it will prompt to unlock the keypad by press and release the left and right soft key.

6. the left "OK" button is just to disable the smartwheel function, i guess someone have provided the wrong info in prev post.

Best Regards,

Jack

Hi,

About point 6:

Short press is OK.

Long Press is smartwheel disabling.

Nir

Guest satiros

hi

thanks modaco for being the i guess the only forum giving info on the hp ipaq 614c device

i have bought yesterday the ipaq and im very happy i did much better than the previous TyTnII i had

everything worked

destinator found auto searching port 6 locks after the first time in 1 minute

speakerphone

fast

im using xcpuscallar in auto scale

the volume is medium low ringtones

i would like to ask how can i use the keyboard to enter text i mean the physical not the on screen

i read

Use the keypad of your HP iPAQ to answer or end calls, to dial numbers, to write messages, and to perform other basic functions. You can also use the Smart‑Touch Navigation wheel to navigate through the onscreen menus.

Use the Smart‑Touch Navigation wheel in any of the following ways:

Move your finger over the wheel in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions to scroll through items on the screen. ● Move your finger in north to south or east to west directions to scroll through items one after another. Place your finger on number 5 on the keypad and then move your finger to scroll. NOTE: To disable the Smart‑Touch Navigation wheel, press and hold the ok key on the left panel of your HP iPAQ. Once you disable the Smart‑Touch Navigation wheel, the (Wheel Lock) icon displays on the top of the screen. To enable the Smart‑Touch Navigation wheel, press and hold the ok key on the left panel of your HP iPAQ.

thanks already

any answer welcome

Guest bigu1975

This is my first post here so I would like to say hi to everybody.

Since 1 month I am happy owner of 614c. This is really cool device but I have very annoying problem.

Problem is related to Touch Wheel. Problem occurs when I want to choice called number from my contacts using the phone application e.g. after typed green key or just after staring to use the numbers keys from keypad as a dial pad to find the proper name from stored contacts. Then for example when I choose wanted name and accept them by enter key, I get few options to choice like sms, call and etc. When I use Touch Wheel to choice the correct option using the touch wheel with the following way: up direction moving my finger from 5 key to 2 or down direction by moving my finger from 5 to 8 and I made this move only once it happens very often that the device is starting to constantly moving the cursor against my wiling. It is like hung up. To stop doing this I need to move my finger on wheel but then it happens that iPAQ will start doing this in opposite way. This I very annoying because it causes a lot of mistakes like sending SMS instead of calling and etc.

This problem occurs only with described scenario. It doesn’t appear when I using IE, Word, menu navigation or either during navigating on contacts list but under condition, contacts list have been selected from menu as a application.

I have checked almost everything to solve this problem – without success (I made even clean reset).

So I have question if your device have the same bug and maybe you know how to solve this.

Regards,

Bigu1975

Guest Chucky7
This is my first post here so I would like to say hi to everybody.

Since 1 month I am happy owner of 614c. This is really cool device but I have very annoying problem.

Problem is related to Touch Wheel. Problem occurs when I want to choice called number from my contacts using the phone application e.g. after typed green key or just after staring to use the numbers keys from keypad as a dial pad to find the proper name from stored contacts. Then for example when I choose wanted name and accept them by enter key, I get few options to choice like sms, call and etc. When I use Touch Wheel to choice the correct option using the touch wheel with the following way: up direction moving my finger from 5 key to 2 or down direction by moving my finger from 5 to 8 and I made this move only once it happens very often that the device is starting to constantly moving the cursor against my wiling. It is like hung up. To stop doing this I need to move my finger on wheel but then it happens that iPAQ will start doing this in opposite way. This I very annoying because it causes a lot of mistakes like sending SMS instead of calling and etc.

This problem occurs only with described scenario. It doesn’t appear when I using IE, Word, menu navigation or either during navigating on contacts list but under condition, contacts list have been selected from menu as a application.

I have checked almost everything to solve this problem – without success (I made even clean reset).

So I have question if your device have the same bug and maybe you know how to solve this.

Regards,

Bigu1975

Hi,

This "Phantom Scroll bug" to a better word, still exists in (OS:1.00.01, FW 0.77). To be honest on my handset (uk version) I have not noticed this bug before, as you say it is only evident if when you are in the phone function. You access a contact name directly and then when the list of options appear; call mobile, call home, Send Txt Msg Etc.. You attempt to select by scrolling down/up with single movement, NOT with the rotate movement on the smart Wheel then the selection will scroll continously untill it reaches the top or bottom.

I have'nt noticed it before because previously I have used the Rotate function on the smart Wheel instead.

Until HP fixes this minor bug (have you emailed them to let them know of its existance yet) I would just use the rotate function of the smart wheel when accessing the contacts from the phone app or the side Jog Wheel.

Jase

Edited by Chucky7

Guest satiros
Hi,

This "Phantom Scroll bug" to a better word, still exists in (OS:1.00.01, FW 0.77). To be honest on my handset (uk version) I have not noticed this bug before, as you say it is only evident if when you are in the phone function. You access a contact name directly and then when the list of options appear; call mobile, call home, Send Txt Msg Etc.. You attempt to select by scrolling down/up with single movement, NOT with the rotate movement on the smart Wheel then the selection will scroll continously untill it reaches the top or bottom.

I have'nt noticed it before because previously I have used the Rotate function on the smart Wheel instead.

Until HP fixes this minor bug (have you emailed them to let them know of its existance yet) I would just use the rotate function of the smart wheel when accessing the contacts from the phone app or the side Jog Wheel.

Jase

i have an updated version 1.00.3 fw 0.81 i live in greece

can someone tell me why i cant enter text in word or messaging using the keyboard

Guest bigu1975

Jase,

Thank you very much for your engagement with this problem.

It is bad that we have a bug but it is good to know that this is not only my device issue :D

I must admit that your description of the problem is even better then main - you exactly expressed it as it is - there is nothing to add :(

I will write to HP support - I hope they will treat me seriously.

For me this is major issue - I use the wheel with the way I described, because it is more precision then 'rotate' option. Of course I use 'rotate' only if there are a few options to choice :(

One more time thank you.

Regards,

Bartosz

Guest ROGUEx360
Jase,

Thank you very much for your engagement with this problem.

It is bad that we have a bug but it is good to know that this is not only my device issue :D

I must admit that your description of the problem is even better then main - you exactly expressed it as it is - there is nothing to add :(

I will write to HP support - I hope they will treat me seriously.

For me this is major issue - I use the wheel with the way I described, because it is more precision then 'rotate' option. Of course I use 'rotate' only if there are a few options to choice :(

One more time thank you.

Regards,

Bartosz

Don't bet on them taking you seriously, they will probably try and pass the buck over to another department.

On my unit the "Keyguard" option found in the Buttons menu does absolutely nothing. I have tried getting help from various forums including here, to no avail.

I then emailed HP Customer Support describing the problem. All I got back was an email with the phone number for their technical support and no attempt at being useful at all.

I really don't like HPs support for this device, not only are they not helpful but they also do not seem to have any plans for putting Windows Mobile 6.1 onto this phone. I'm still glad I have got one, but I can really see this killing sales for it, despite being so new as they are ruining it's future.

I hope you have better luck with getting answers from their support centre, let us know how you get on.