Control a Media PC from Pocket PC?

Guest gacajun

Guest gacajun

I built a media pc for mye home and currently control it via UltraVNC using my laptop over my WiFi network. I have to take out my laptop, log in, and then start up VNC and initiate a connection to control my media pc. I would like to be able to just take out my Tilt phone and control it from there.

I installed the LogMeIn Hamachi on the media pc and also on my Tilt and successfully connected to it via the 2nd network address controlled by the Hamachi product so I know the phone and media pc are on the same network. I need to find some client to install on the mediapc and the phone so that I can log into the media pc from my phone and execute programs on it from my phone screen.

I am using UltraVNC now but I could not find an UltraVNC client for the Tilt. I did see some other variants of VNC but could not make them connect so that I could actually see the mediapc screen on my phone.

Has anyone successfully done that, basically execute a remote desktop control of a pc using their Pocket PC? If so can you please provide some type of information on how that is done.

Thanks.

Edited by gacajun

Guest Menneisyys
I built a media pc for mye home and currently control it via UltraVNC using my laptop over my WiFi network. I have to take out my laptop, log in, and then start up VNC and initiate a connection to control my media pc. I would like to be able to just take out my Tilt phone and control it from there.

I installed the LogMeIn Hamachi on the media pc and also on my Tilt and successfully connected to it via the 2nd network address controlled by the Hamachi product so I know the phone and media pc are on the same network. I need to find some client to install on the mediapc and the phone so that I can log into the media pc from my phone and execute programs on it from my phone screen.

I am using UltraVNC now but I could not find an UltraVNC client for the Tilt. I did see some other variants of VNC but could not make them connect so that I could actually see the mediapc screen on my phone.

Has anyone successfully done that, basically execute a remote desktop control of a pc using their Pocket PC? If so can you please provide some type of information on how that is done.

Thanks.

See the links at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=853671 to my related Bibles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gacajun
Easiest way is to use Remote Desktop client on your phone the other way is to install a web interface onto your media pc and control it that way.

Kimbie

I know how to configure the media PC to access remote access and have done that after reading your post. However I do not know how to access the remote desktop client on the phone? I was not aware that was installed on my Tilt. Can you please tell me where I can access this?

Guest squilla

I found LogMeIn to be good via my old XDA Exec, I installed it on my laptop and then went to the LogMeIn site from my phone and viewed my desktop via LOGMEIN online, it was easy to set up and free.

Edited by squilla

Guest Menneisyys
I found LogMeIn to be good via my old XDA Exec, I installed it on my laptop and then went to the LogMeIn site from my phone and viewed my desktop via LOGMEIN online, it was easy to set up and free.

Yes, it does work, but a dedicated media controller offers you FAR better and easier user experience. Hence, I would still recommend a better media controller over TSC / LogMeIn.

Guest Menneisyys
I know how to configure the media PC to access remote access and have done that after reading your post. However I do not know how to access the remote desktop client on the phone? I was not aware that was installed on my Tilt. Can you please tell me where I can access this?

The WM6 RDM is missing from the Tilt (too). But, again, you do NOT want to use RDM for media remote control.