The best sound file fior a new message (IMHO)

Hi,

As a closet Monty Python fan, I think the best sound for the new message warning is the "(sound of arrow hitting).... Message for you sir !).

You may disagree but it does get some smiles when it goes off in meetings.

I have a wav version loaded and there are lots of sites that you can download it from but I have found an .mp3 version on

http://www.wavcentral.com/movies/monty2.html

Let me know what you think.

I am also looking for a sound file of an old electric bell telephone as a ringtone, any ideas?

cheers

Steve B

Guest skuzzlebutt

when i convert the monty python file to mp3 lame with power amp it seems to clip the last sec or two off the end. dont suppose anyone has got a fix or tip please cause im an spv nooby ;)

Guest awarner [MVP]

I use worf out of star trek saying captain incomming message

but my other sounds come from my Worms armageddon cd

there are sooo many to choose from :lol:

My reminder is Oi nutter ;)

I keep changing them..what seems like a good idea one day just seems cheesy the next.

I quite liked the idea of "themes" from films...all was going well until I tried using some samples from Full Metal Jacket (the drill sergeant at the beginning), and one of my friends changed the "incoming SMS" to him yelling "Do you suck d*ck? Are you a peter puffer?".

Sounds funny, but he then decided to send me an SMS while I was taking a leak, which got some very strange looks from the other guys in there :oops:

B

Guest mike-oh

I've the AOL "You've got mail!" for an sms and the shaguarphone for a call. And for a question (ie "are you sure you want to delete this file?") i've the music from who wants to be a millionaire when a contestant is asked a question. Chuckles all around when it goes off! ;)

I have either the MacGuyver theme... or a snippet of the music from Battlefield 1942 (pc game)

gets a lot of "comments" from people at work :-)

ps if anyone wants them i could post links

Guest abamara

I like the voice ones too! Someone posted the one I use for sms " Your new mail is in!" I just like it! And of course my james bond theme ringtone! You should see the reaxns I get! ;)

Guest casper508

I use ReadPlease2003. Type whatever message i want to be played. Tweak the settings so it sounds like a turned on babe saying "You've got mail!". Record it using voice recorder and thats it !!

Cas

Guest philgriffiths

just got a new one for my mails. Its from the simpsons where homer get so fat he can work at home. he says "huh the mail.......the mail is here!!!"

Guest jonnybump
just got a new one for my mails. Its from the simpsons where homer get so fat he can work at home. he says "huh the mail.......the mail is here!!!"

Hey Phil I've got that exact same one for my SMS's!! But I use the one where Homer says "ohh...they have the internet on computers now" when I receive new emails! :)

Big Simpsons fan, me!

Guest philgriffiths

could you post it jonny bump? THe simpsons ROCKS! allthough i really starting to like that family guy so might be losing some of the simpsons sounds soon.

• 9 months later...

The one I use is from Comedy Central's Crank Yankers. It is Special Ed saying "I Got Mail YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY..... I got mail YAAAAAAAY"

Here's the link.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/cran.../crank_mail.mp3

It's been so long since I downloaded it I don't remember if I had to trim it to just that phrase or not. If so and you want it, I can email it to you all fixed up...

If you're sensitive or PC, I suggest you ignore this one. I definately wouldn't use this at work on your PC!!!!

-Mc