The best sound file fior a new message (IMHO)

I have to say....... the ringtones/alerts that are "normal tones" like the Nokia type - or Midi stuff always sounds alot better.

I quite often miss my messages and calls if i have a music WAV on.... even on Loud profile.

Any MIDI-2-WAV utility is a godsend...!

I alternate between Monty Pythons "[arrow thwack] message for you sir" and a short medley featuring [cartman] "Oh my god" [announcer] "you got mail" [cartman] "you ba$$ard".

I switch between the two depending on whether the kids are with me.

I have set my ex wifes personal ringtone to the South Park "Bitch" song (very funny when that one goes off in the pub!)

My main ringing tone at the moment is a wav of the A-Team theme tune. Really shows up those beeping Nokia phones et al when it goes off on the train.

I also throw in some samples from Father Ted from time to time. Father Jack has the obvious one liners, "Drink", "Feck", "Girls", that I put together into a short medley, but I also use some of the memorable sketches for the alarm. The one I used this morning was the sketch where Ted and Dougal are trying to write the Eurovision song...

That's the beauty of wav files ...

Solo

ps has anyone tried the Blazing Saddles campfire scene...? More beans Mr Targart? :lol:

Guest superkingdave

for messages i have got mj from Bo Selecta saying "check this sh*t im michael jackson he he chamon" for ringtone i have proper chrimbo and for email i have "no way you spastic you're a mentalist" from norwichs finest

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mike-oh
for messages i have got mj from Bo Selecta saying "check this sh*t im michael jackson he he chamon" for ringtone i have proper chrimbo and for email i have "no way you spastic you're a mentalist" from norwichs finest

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Please post your Bo Selecta ones. PLEASE!

Solo, i think that its either stan or kyle saying you bastard if its the same tone i've got. It's always stan and kyle that do the "oh my god they killed kenny, you b****ds!"

Guest podavies
Hi,

As a closet Monty Python fan, I think the best sound for the new message warning is the "(sound of arrow hitting).... Message for you sir !).

You may disagree but it does get some smiles when it goes off in meetings.

I have a wav version loaded and there are lots of sites that you can download it from but I have found an .mp3 version on

http://www.wavcentral.com/movies/monty2.html

Let me know what you think.

I am also looking for a sound file of an old electric bell telephone as a ringtone, any ideas?

cheers

Steve B

Its ok

Guest superkingdave

[quote="Mike-ohalloran

Please post your Bo Selecta ones. PLEASE!

quote]

On 56K so its sooo slow to post tones but here are a few sounds, including craig david davina macall and mj. as someone said you can get the proper ones in wma from boavid

Guest HurricaneDave

heres a load of simpsons sounds for you :lol:

some of them will probably make good sms tones and email alerts etc etc but i just cant be arsed to sort through them all so heres the lot :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djleekee

Ive had my SPVe200 for a few days now and am getting to grips with it - thanks to this site!!

BUT

Ive just enquired with the Orange helpdesk concerning Ringtones and I was told that I could not have mp3 or wav as a ringtone!

Is this really true or were they telling me porkies?

SO

Can I import my own ringtones and sms message tones and assign them accordingly? If so HOW and what format do they need to be in?

Thanks

DJ Leekee

www.djleekee.com

Guest A.Hughes

Hi and welcome to this site.....

What a load of tosh from orange!!!!!1

You can use .wav and .midi ringtones for your spv e200, suggest you load them onto an SD card though, see this thread and many others for info on downloads and converting.

If you save them to your phone, it will eat your memory up, however you have got the e200 so theres a bit more than the orig spv and e100.

look in help and advice regulary also for help on this and many other topics. I was a newbie to this site earlier this year, i now find my e100 boardering on the slightly addictive side..............good luck and enjoy. 8)

• 9 months later...
Guest Disco Stu
Could someone post the "you've got mail" sms/mail ringtone.. Or tell me where to find it please  ^_^ 

TKJ

Have a look on coolsmartphone.com - I'm sure it's up there somewhere if not already on this site