HTC TyTNII Exchange push mail.

Guest thejollyboys

Guest thejollyboys

I have had this device for about two weeks now but cannot get exchange push email to work properly. The device is on Orange.

When the device is on it works fine I send email and it arrives in about 5 seconds.

However if the device is in standby the mail does not always arrive. I make sure the device has network coverage. Let the device go into standby, send a mail but it does not arrive.

I have spoken to HTC who say this is an issue they have had lots of calls over and to write to head office.

Does anyone have a work around or experienced this issue for themselves?

I have posted this in the anoyance section but thought it may be worth a fresh post instead.

Edited by thejollyboys

Guest Phil Lee

I have just tested it on my VIII. With the phone in standby I am notified with a sound when I receive a Push email sent to the inbox. No message is disaplayed on screen and the device does not come out of standby. I have some rules configured to direct messages from a mailing list to a sub-folder. I am not notified when I receive these emails.

Guest ImTribble
I have had this device for about two weeks now but cannot get exchange push email to work properly. The device is on Orange.

When the device is on it works fine I send email and it arrives in about 5 seconds.

However if the device is in standby the mail does not always arrive. I make sure the device has network coverage. Let the device go into standby, send a mail but it does not arrive.

I have spoken to HTC who say this is an issue they have had lots of calls over and to write to head office.

Does anyone have a work around or experienced this issue for themselves?

I have posted this in the anoyance section but thought it may be worth a fresh post instead.

I'm having the same push email problem in standby mode. But it isn't consistent. It seems that if I have the charger plugged in, it works fine. If it is running on the battery, the notifications do not (always) come in.

Guest ImTribble
Are you letting it time out and go into standby or pushing the power button to force standby?

Just letting it go to standby.

I just found a registry tweak so I'm testing it out now. Hopefully it will fix the problem.

I think it the activesync who block th whole system...

for me it's working now 100%

just stop with the task menu the activesync if your phone is not plugged...

BTW:

- I didnt change any set-up in the HTC home plugin

- the download time either

- I got the menu task bar to quickly stop all the unwanted working programs

VoilĂ 

hope it will work for you as well!

BR

Yann