Add Custom Notification Sounds?

Guest beanj007

Guest beanj007

I just picked up a Q Global, and I want to add new notification sounds that will be available to select as sounds for new emails, text messages, reminders, etc. It seems like this list is a hodgepodge of a couple of the ringtones, but for some reason isn't populating all of the ringtones from my Windows folder. It seems like it's only recognizing the .midi and .wma files as possible sounds for these notifications.

I tried adding some new midi and wma files to the Windows directory, but these new sounds are not showing up in the list of available sounds for the notifications. Anyone know how to fix this, or what the Q Global's requirements for notification sounds are?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deanhatescoffee

As a supplemental question, WM6 seems to impose a 300kb file size limit on tones (in which anything over that isn't recognized in the Sounds menu); how can I remove the 300kb limit?

• 3 months later...
Guest LuvrGirl
As a supplemental question, WM6 seems to impose a 300kb file size limit on tones (in which anything over that isn't recognized in the Sounds menu); how can I remove the 300kb limit?

You need to go in and edit the registry on the Q, here's the info:

Go into:

HKCU = HKEY_CurrentUser

HKCU\Control Panel\Sounds

Delete key FileSizeLimit

~maria

• 2 months later...
Guest greek4

I tried to locate this on my Q with out any luck in the registry is their something I am missing?

You need to go in and edit the registry on the Q, here's the info:

Go into:

HKCU = HKEY_CurrentUser

HKCU\Control Panel\Sounds

Delete key FileSizeLimit

~maria