when most people call it doesnt display the name

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

when most people from my contact book call It doesnt display their name. very few people who call actually do display the name, but most dont. strangly it isnt any particular people, its just certain ones that show the name.

Guest hotphil

I'm pretty sure it's fixed now, but a few years back with the original SPV you had to do ensure your contacts had numbers stored in international format with no spaces e.g. +441231231234. Do any of your contacts have spaces in the numbers?

when most people from my contact book call It doesnt display their name. very few people who call actually do display the name, but most dont. strangly it isnt any particular people, its just certain ones that show the name.

Mikeey, did you ask yourself? Many a people do not like their names being displayed and have chosen that options in their cell phones.Try asking some many the fault is from their own end ;) :(

Did you have you contacts stored on your sim card when you moved over to the Kaiser then copied them over ?

If you did then you still have two of everything and thats why it does not show the number and the ones it does show are probably ones you have added since you had the phone and thus not duplicated. Just delete all from the sim card.

Guest mikeeey

my contacts are stored on my sim card, every single one of them.

there are no spaces in my phone number.

It is not because the number is set on privite and i cant see their name, i can still see the number. for example, when my friend Ryan calls, it wont say his name, it will only show his number, but that number is stored in my contacts already.

when my friend david calls, his name and number will show up, and there is no difference between the amount of numbers, and spaces between the numbers. its really weird, cuz theres no difference between the 2 at all, i just cleared my call history to see if that had anything to do with it, il ahve to wait a bit to find out.

Guest mikeeey
Mikeey, did you ask yourself? Many a people do not like their names being displayed and have chosen that options in their cell phones.Try asking some many the fault is from their own end ;) :(

well you see, when i put my sim card back in my sda and they call, it will show their name and number, when i put it in my kaiser most only show the number. keep in mind since the numbers are on the sim card, theres no way it's changing in any way when i switch it from device to device.

Well firstly I would say why keep them on the SIM card? There are so many limitations with SIM card contacts you'd be better off just having them all on the phone. Endless fields, better support (What you're seeing is probably a bug with SIM card contacts since no one else has been it, and the proportion of people using contacts on SIM is probably quite low) and synchronisation with outlook are all great reasons to use them in the proper contacts app.

Guest mikeeey
Well firstly I would say why keep them on the SIM card? There are so many limitations with SIM card contacts you'd be better off just having them all on the phone. Endless fields, better support (What you're seeing is probably a bug with SIM card contacts since no one else has been it, and the proportion of people using contacts on SIM is probably quite low) and synchronisation with outlook are all great reasons to use them in the proper contacts app.

well, to tell you the truth id rather keep my contacts on my sim card, i like the fact that incase anything ever happens to my phone, or for some reason i need to switch cards, they'l still be there. ill see if xda developers has a solution.

Guest awarner (MVP)

You can still keep them on the phone and then have them backed up on the PC, most devices now can sync your contacts in some form.

It would be interesting to see if the phone can display the number if it is stored on the phone instead of the SIM.

Also as hotphil suggested see if the numbers that do display correctly are stored using the international country code in the number and not just your local area, for example in the uk the international prefix number is +44.

It's worth looking further into this incase a new /old "feature" has surfaced for the device.

Guest mikeeey
You can still keep them on the phone and then have them backed up on the PC, most devices now can sync your contacts in some form.

It would be interesting to see if the phone can display the number if it is stored on the phone instead of the SIM.

Also as hotphil suggested see if the numbers that do display correctly are stored using the international country code in the number and not just your local area, for example in the uk the international prefix number is +44.

It's worth looking further into this incase a new /old "feature" has surfaced for the device.

awarner i think you found my problem. i think it was the international number doing it. ill change everything to have the "1" at the begining and see if that fixes it, il probably have the answer by tomrorow.

yes i can back them up on my pc, but recently ive been switching pcs or they've been getting re-formatted for 1 purpose or another, not exactly safe to do atm.

Guest Shuflie
awarner i think you found my problem. i think it was the international number doing it. ill change everything to have the "1" at the begining and see if that fixes it, il probably have the answer by tomrorow.

yes i can back them up on my pc, but recently ive been switching pcs or they've been getting re-formatted for 1 purpose or another, not exactly safe to do atm.

You can sign up to a free exchange account with mail2web and store your contact there. This has the advantage that if your computer and phone get lost/stolen you can still login into your account and have access to your full contact list, you can then set your next windows mobile device up to sync with the account and get them all back again. It also pretty handy for instant email delivery if you like that kind of thing too.