using vario3 3g connection with laptop on the move

Guest varioIII-lover

Guest varioIII-lover

hi there.

i would like to be able to hop on the 3g/hsdpa connection on my phone with my laptop whilst on the move .. i have an unlimited data plan and i won't be doing anything strenuous such as downloading music etc.

how do i do this?

thanks,

v3-lover

Guest hotphil

I found it very easy with the new Internet Connection Sharing function. Not sure if it's the same on the Vario as on the Vodafone version, but I jsut connect up via ActiveSync, select Internet Connection Sharing from the Comm Manager or the Start menu, select USB connection and off you go.

Can do it through Bluetooth aswell, but you're into a whole Bluetooth pairing thing there. And I'm not sure you get the full throughput of HSDPA via BT - I suespect BT is very much slower but can't remember of the top my head.

Guest bigboybrin
Can do it through Bluetooth aswell, but you're into a whole Bluetooth pairing thing there. And I'm not sure you get the full throughput of HSDPA via BT - I suespect BT is very much slower but can't remember of the top my head.

FYI, I regularly use the Internet Sharing feature over BT and find the speed to be no different than a USB connection. I must say, the Internet Sharing feature is excellent for web&walk customers. I subscribe to web&walk plus, which means I can regularly connect to my Slingbox at home without fear of exceeding T-mobile's 'fair usage' policy. It rocks (when HSDPA is available)!

Guest varioIII-lover

1. connect up via ActiveSync

2. select Internet Connection Sharing from the Comm Manager or the Start menu = (v3 - is this on the laptop pc or the phone?)

3. select USB connection and off you go.

thank you,

v3-L

Guest jimbouk

In start, programs

1) On device, open Internet Connection Sharing.

2) Choose USB or BT

3) Press Connect

on Laptop

1) If using USB, just wait for connected icon in taskbar - if using BT Make a BT PAN connection (in Vista, its just make a new connection and scroll down to BTPAN - if you usin BTPAN, you can create a shortcut to it on your desktop.