Is it a brick!!?

Guest Gasman2

Guest Gasman2

I love the features of this phone - but am concerned that it is just too big...

Has anyone had one of these and either returned, replaced or put it in a drawer never to come out again?

Thanks

GM

gasman 2,

It is a wonderful device to own.It has the beauty and the quality of the best pocket pc in the world. It is not a brick, not a brick my friend!

Guest doctormetal
It's not huge, but it's pretty heavy...

P

I totally agree with that, but the weight is just a bit of getting used to.

I now have this phone for 1,5 vmonth. When I first got it i though it was a bit big and heavy.

It was my first pda phone. My previous phone was a samsung E730. Quite a bit lighter and smaller, but not much functionality.

Now I am used to the size and the weight of the phone and love its features.

Don't want to do without it anymore.

I absolutley love the fact it feels much more solid and metally than my Wizard. I didn't think I'd like something heavier ;) It's a thing of beauty though!

Guest Phil Lee

I think it is perfect. It fits really well in my jacket pocket and feels pleasantly solid. It feels a lot smaller than my old Vario even though it is only 4mm thinner.

Guest Samsonite
Damn my cover is blown!

not just your cover if you believe the spam e-mails you keep sending... ;)

ahem, back on topic....

how does it feel in a suit jaclet pocket? (the Kaiser i mean...) does it pull at the jacket at all? My old magician gave me a horrific moob in the summer if i carried it in my shirt pocket...

Guest Gasman2

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm toying between this, the Touch and the Touch Dual (if/when it becomes available on T-Mobile).

I don't do a lot of text or emailing at the moment, (although I do use GPS on my XDA II) so think I may hold on for a while to see if the Touch Dual is coming to T-M! But if it isn't, this may be the one to go for, especially for the built in GPS!

GM

Guest zippyioa
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm toying between this, the Touch and the Touch Dual (if/when it becomes available on T-Mobile).

I don't do a lot of text or emailing at the moment, (although I do use GPS on my XDA II) so think I may hold on for a while to see if the Touch Dual is coming to T-M! But if it isn't, this may be the one to go for, especially for the built in GPS!

GM

Hi GM,

I had an XDAII for a while then switched to an XDA Orbit to get built-in GPS. The Orbit was MUCH smaller and lighter but no where near as quick as the XDAII and I really missed the speed.

I used the Orbit for 8 months and was just getting used to it when the Kaiser landed. When I checked the specs I couldn't wait to get one. The extra speed, a built in keyboard, LOADS of memory, 3G a 3MP camera all in one device. I was a bit suprised at the weight increase from the Orbit at first, but that went the second could see what was on offer.

You should check out the weight difference from the XDAII because if you are used to that size and weight now go and check out a Kaiser in the flesh - I don't think you will be disappointed! If you have ANY doubts consider that your main use for the XDAII is GPS - imagine ALWAYS having it built in - no plug in in the car or extra Bluetooth reciever to lug round - that is how I justified the Orbit!!

Cheers

Zippyioa