wait for s730?!?

Guest killawattz

Guest killawattz

So, I've been doing research on what phone I should get, and I had decided on the S710, but then they released the S730. I looked on MobilePlanet and at first the release date was set for November 21st, so I figured I would wait, but now it says December 8th, and I'm getting a little impatient. I know the S730 has minor upgrades, but nothing has really changed between the S710 and S730. I was wondering if maybe I'm wrong, and maybe there is something about the S730 that would make me want to wait to get it rather than buying the S710 now. If someone could post like a compare and contrast of both phones, that would be great. Thanks

So, I've been doing research on what phone I should get, and I had decided on the S710, but then they released the S730. I looked on MobilePlanet and at first the release date was set for November 21st, so I figured I would wait, but now it says December 8th, and I'm getting a little impatient. I know the S730 has minor upgrades, but nothing has really changed between the S710 and S730. I was wondering if maybe I'm wrong, and maybe there is something about the S730 that would make me want to wait to get it rather than buying the S710 now. If someone could post like a compare and contrast of both phones, that would be great. Thanks

I was really looking forward to the S730, but I am less interested now for the following reasons:

• It's larger and heavier. The S710 is already quite heavy and thick. S730 is heavier and thicker (and taller)
  • The design seems like a step back in elegance. It looks more like a candy bar brick and has a less sculpted/high-end look as the S710. The S710 is attractive, and people who see it like how it looks.

However, the upgraded CPU and 3G are KILLER features that I want to have in my pocket! So, a tricky situation. I was really hoping that HTC would be able to add 3G and better CPU in a THINNER, LIGHTER device!

Jon

Guest Van Persie

Can i ask you guys how do you want to surf the website by s710 or s730?

I am thinking of buying a s710 these days. I thought the keboard is OK to read the webpaes until yesterday I tried my colleague's PDA which uses stylus. I suddenly realized how convinent it could be with the pen and touch screen.

So I start to think about changing to HTC touch.....

Guest killawattz

yea one of the things that's really pushing me away from the S730 is the fact that it's heavier and bigger than the S710, and that it's not as shiny and good looking as the S710, but the specs clearly make it a better phone, especially the faster processor. Hopefully the final build will make it lighter or something

Guest buttonsandzips
yea one of the things that's really pushing me away from the S730 is the fact that it's heavier and bigger than the S710, and that it's not as shiny and good looking as the S710, but the specs clearly make it a better phone, especially the faster processor. Hopefully the final build will make it lighter or something

I would really like to see a handset of similar spec to the S730 but without the leyboard. I can write an email using T9 just as quickly as doing it with the keyboard. Hopefully that would reduce some of the bulk of the unit. I am currently using an Ipaq 514 which is pretty basic but excellent at what it does.

• 3 months later...
Guest cdogg2000

I've had the opportunity to test the S730 and I can certainly say that I had very high expectations which were quickly destroyed shortly after taking it out of the box. This thing is heavy, games are not quick by the standards of other smartphones and pocket pc's. It is rather ugly, if you think it's ugly from photo's, get it in your hand and use it for a moment, that'll really get you believing in how ugly it can really be. Aside from games, movie's are not the best on it either. I will note though, that it can capture video at 320x240 at a decent frame rate, I was REALLY impressed with that! Though it doesn't seem to play it back as well as a computer can, odd.

My normal device is currently an S310 and right now, it's back at HTC as one day it just wouldn't boot. It happened the day after I ordered this phone to try out and wow do I miss that thing. My final conclusion on this device is that it is slower at most things that I use than the S310...