TouchFlo Cube on the Kaiser

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest rebecker
Both cabs are available from the link Mandt posted....

Thanks! I'm downloading it right now.

One more "cautious" question ;) : Is HTCCube a simple uninstall, or would it be more complicated?

Also: What do these files do:

duttythroy dutty music plug in.cab

HTC Audio Manager KAISER 1_2_614_712.cab

Htc Home.zip

Thanks again.

-Bob-

Guest fdrzrich
Just installed it and it's a great improvement. Going to test if touch settings works with it

Touch settings is working too! Can't work out how to get HTC Album to launch on the 'Photos' button though....any ideas anyone?

Guest Shuflie
Touch settings is working too! Can't work out how to get HTC Album to launch on the 'Photos' button though....any ideas anyone?

Look in HKLM\Software\HTC\BioTouch, you can change the apps for both the app launcher and the three media shortcuts in there under subkeys.

Guest fdrzrich
Look in HKLM\Software\HTC\BioTouch, you can change the apps for both the app launcher and the three media shortcuts in there under subkeys.

You can change the apps using Touch Settings programme, but it wasn't launching due to me selecting the .lnk file instead of the .exe. Has anyone found that HTC Album doesn't respond to touch now?

Guest rebecker
You can change the apps using Touch Settings programme, but it wasn't launching due to me selecting the .lnk file instead of the .exe. Has anyone found that HTC Album doesn't respond to touch now?

I installed HTC Cube and so far I like what I see. However, I don't seem to have a Touch Settings application. Where would I find it?

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest fdrzrich
I installed HTC Cube and so far I like what I see. However, I don't seem to have a Touch Settings application. Where would I find it?

Thanks.

-Bob-

I've attached the Touch settings Cab, or try the HTCCube2 cab, which is the app and the settings in one. If this is against forum rules I apologise, please remove if so ;)

touch_settings_v1.22.cab

HTCCube2.cab

Guest rebecker
I've attached the Touch settings Cab, or try the HTCCube2 cab, which is the app and the settings in one. If this is against forum rules I apologise, please remove if so ;)

Thanks! I had already downloaded HTCCube2 from xda, but was a little hesitant to use it since I wasn't sure it was the newest version of HTCCube. Will try your settings file.

Edit: Used the Settings software. It's a great help. However, I cannot get icons to work. I looked in the registry and the path is correct, but the icon showing is not. The icon showing is the default for that position. Has anyone changed apps AND icons successfully? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Bob-

Edited by rebecker

It happened to me too, try re-instaling Album

I simply hard-reset and started from scratch, mainly because I had too many install-uninstalls going on and wanted a clean system

I think the later cab is the same cube but has touch settings included. I'm comfortable editing things manually so I'm sticking with the first one for now.

Like you say it works perfectly anyway

Guest beermonstermatt

Just installed in on my stock tmob rom (Paul's Tweak Pack installed) and its running fine, did not have to install any other cabs. will play with for a while and see is its usefull but it does look nice! ;)

ive put it on my hermes, (orange m3100 with dopod asia wm6) and its working fine so far

just had to reboot after installing, because its very slow to start with but its working fine afaik (never played with a touch)

ill post in the hermes section tomorrow, just wanna see how it goes for a bit

Hi...

I installed HTcube2 on my Orange Kaiser but nothing happens. It installed ok, but my phone restarted with the HTC home plugin. Am I missing something?

netfin

Guest andrewkeith5

you need to read up the thread > to start cube, slide your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen, and to close it again do the opposite. to switch between sides of thecube, slide your fringer from left to right or right to left

edit: sorry speeling was terrible!

Edited by andrewkeith5

Its working perfectly on my Orange TyTN2, just install the few necessary apps and the HTCCUBE2.cab. Everyone seems to want to play with my phone now, who needs an iphone.

Guest snowgum

Could someone say what the duttythroy dutty music plug in.cab does. I'm about to install the htccube2.cab. are there any other 'neccessary apps' that I should install with it?

Thanks, slightly anxiously,

Matthew

It's today plugin for HTC audio manager. apparently it's necessary for the cube to work properly. once it's installed you can hide it on the today screen and don't need it displayed

Guest snowgum

just installed it on my orange tytn II. Works perfectly. Is there anyway of changing the three options of Photos, audio and video though? I don't use video and it would be nice to be able to launch a different programme through that one. Also, is it possible to set phone shortcuts to a particular number, eg a mobile number, as opposed to linking to the address book entry with all numbers. You are able to do this on the htc 6 button home, but my shortcuts wont display on that with the cube running.

Thank you for all of the help.

matthew

Read through this thread and install touch settings from post 32

I haven't found a way to edit the speed dials to dial rather than call up a sub-menu. Although you can return the speed dial tab to HTC Home by deleting this reg key:

HKLM\Software\OEM\MASD\QuickDial

Guest montecristoffon

How to have a custom launcher face on your cube

Before... and after

cube310.jpg monlan10.jpg

Here is a step by step example to change the Tasks button with a TomTom one.

1 - Changing program

a) Let's go to TouchSettings...

chgtic10.jpg

c) Modify the name...

chgtic11.jpg

d) With the '...' button, search the path of TomTom Navigator.exe

chgtic12.jpg

e) Let's 'Use' and confirm the soft reset message

chgtic13.jpg

Test it, OK. Now, step 2 :

2 - Changing icon

c) At the bottom, Select the left icon and tap to change it

chgtic14.jpg

d) Do the same with the right icon

chgtic15.jpg

e) Save it and do a soft reset

chgtic16.jpg

A little collection...

(save it anywhere on your machine, .png format, name it as you want, take care to disting the on/off state of each icon).

active10.png active11.png audiom10.png audiom11.png calcul10.png calcul11.png calend10.png calend11.png commma10.png commma11.png firefo10.png firefo11.png hd10.png hd_on10.png intern10.png intern11.png intern12.png intern13.png intern14.png intern15.png livema10.png livema11.png notes10.png notes_10.png opera10.png opera_10.png play10.png play_o10.png rss10.png rss_on10.png tcpmp10.png tcpmp_10.png tomtom10.png tomtom11.png

Let's play !

:(

Edited by montecristoffon

Guest aries6776

Good post Montecristoffon, Thanks! Now I realise my installation of touch cube is dodgy :(

When I go to touch settings the app launcher page just shows as blank blue with no icons visible. I wonder how I can fix this? If anyone has any ideas.

*Edit - Found it! First I installed this cab http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1195834952

After that the icons showed up in the app launcher page and then I used Montecristoffon's icons to change them to the ones I wanted.

Also of more significance is the fact that I can no longer perform screen aligments. My device now freezes when I attempt this. I've seen something about this but can't remember where. Found it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...light=alignment

Then I noticed that if I open touch cube by sweeping horizontally, when I close the touch cube to return to the today screen, I get some weird sort of screen effect that resembles when you degauss a CRT monitor! :D

*Edit - But found something on this 'Rainbow' effect too. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=rainbow

It seems like his latest version has fixed this issue.

*Edit Tried the latest touch cube cab but it still does the rainbow thing.

Edited by aries6776

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ManImCool

I'm not sure where this post belongs, in the Slide To Unlock thread or the HTC Cube thread, but I am having a problem with the 2 working together. Whenever my phone is locked by Slide2Unlock, and I haven't unlocked it yet by sliding at the bottom from left to right, I can still activate the cube. Even with the phone "locked", I can activate the cube by swiping my finger from bottom to top, or even a left to right/right to left swipe. When I close it by sliding from top to bottom, it returns back to the locked sliding screen. How do I fix this?

Is this something that I can fix in the settings, or am I running an old buggy version of either the Cube or Slide2Unlock, or both? Please help me, I do not want the Cube to be able to be activated if the phone is supposed to be locked!