Deceased TyTN II?

Guest Cowie

Hi All,

I switched my HTC branded TyTN II on this morning and all I get after the initial vibrate is a white screen. Initially it wouldn't soft re-set and I had to take the battery out. Then I managed to force a hard reset but still only get a white screen, although it does now soft reset (back to a white screen though)!

I've not been mucking about with ROMs or installed anything in the past couple of weeks. It hasn't been dropped or knocked and generally leads a sedate uneventful life. I simply put it on charge overnight and now it won't wake up.

I'm pretty sure there's no much more I can try, but thought I'd check here first. Looks like I'll be giving Clove a call in the morning.

Cheers,

Cowie

Guest dolbe666
Hi All,

I switched my HTC branded TyTN II on this morning and all I get after the initial vibrate is a white screen. Initially it wouldn't soft re-set and I had to take the battery out. Then I managed to force a hard reset but still only get a white screen, although it does now soft reset (back to a white screen though)!

I've not been mucking about with ROMs or installed anything in the past couple of weeks. It hasn't been dropped or knocked and generally leads a sedate uneventful life. I simply put it on charge overnight and now it won't wake up.

I'm pretty sure there's no much more I can try, but thought I'd check here first. Looks like I'll be giving Clove a call in the morning.

Cheers,

Cowie

I had mine end up as a white screen, it went back as a warranty issue and i got a new one. although this was within the first week so it was still under the 28 day return/replace clause. but even if its past that it should still be returned to be fixed/replaced under the warranty

I had mine end up as a white screen, it went back as a warranty issue and i got a new one. although this was within the first week so it was still under the 28 day return/replace clause. but even if its past that it should still be returned to be fixed/replaced under the warranty

It is still within 28 days (just) so hopefully they won't try and give me the run-around. I think I could safely claim that the fault was evident from manufacture anyway. I hope they replace it rather than send it for repair as the letter C on the keyboard isn't defined very well (its niggled at me since day one) and I use it for my business - Exchange Server, TomTom etc. I feel like my right hand has been cut off and it's only been 12 hours. Sad isn't it!

Got to try and get my Marin Fields screen protector off with the minimum of fingerprints. And the flash card doesn't want to come out.

Mine has done the same thing - it first happened when I put it on charge.

I have been calling HTC direct to try to get it repaired since Friday. They need to send me an e-mail which is specific to the device and contains a form for me to initiate the process to get it returned, but it has not come through. Apparently it is sometimes caught by corporate email anti-spam as it is HTML but I have given them three e-mail addresses now. Unfortunately the call centre can't get through to the repair centre, which is apparently in a different county. They seem to be not able to contact them, which seems pretty poor. Unfortunately there is also no escalation process...

I have to say that I am not confident that it is going to be a prompt turn-around, if I can't even get it as far as them yet. It's two months old now, so won't be a straight swap.

I love having a feature rich phone, but I've had to drop back to a 2001 Ericsson T68i phone and I have to say I'm finding it quite light and free of bother!

Mine has done the same thing - it first happened when I put it on charge.

I have been calling HTC direct to try to get it repaired since Friday. They need to send me an e-mail which is specific to the device and contains a form for me to initiate the process to get it returned, but it has not come through. Apparently it is sometimes caught by corporate email anti-spam as it is HTML but I have given them three e-mail addresses now. Unfortunately the call centre can't get through to the repair centre, which is apparently in a different county. They seem to be not able to contact them, which seems pretty poor. Unfortunately there is also no escalation process...

I have to say that I am not confident that it is going to be a prompt turn-around, if I can't even get it as far as them yet. It's two months old now, so won't be a straight swap.

I love having a feature rich phone, but I've had to drop back to a 2001 Ericsson T68i phone and I have to say I'm finding it quite light and free of bother!

You have my sympathies. I've gone back to a Nokia E61 which I find remarkably uncomfortable to use in comparison to the Kaiser.

Mine died after an over-night charge. The charge light had gone to green, I switched it on & checked for unread mails, switched it off and then about ten minutes later when I was about to start up TomTom switched it on to be faced with a white screen.

Mine went back to Clove via Royal Mail Special Delivery. I phoned Clove today to confirm that they'd received it and to find out how long it would take to turn around and was informed by the lady answering the phone that "the technical services manager isn't in today so it won't get looked at until tomorrow at the earliest". I hope she was just fobbing me off and their returns system isn't dependant on one person.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Kaiser back today. Apparently HTC have replaced the motherboard and all seems to be working fine.

However....... I have just re-installed the taster version of TomTom and it is now asking me for a Product Code (I assume for my free map) in order to activate it. When I downloaded the free map I don't think that I got a product code with it, so I'm a bit stuck now. I was thinking about getting CoPilot anyway, so this may be the justification that I need.

Does anyone know if there's an straightforward solution or am I going to have to try and get in touch with TomTom (or just get CoPilot instead)?

Thanks,

Cowie