Vario III randomly goes into Vibrate mode

Guest sc0user_75

Guest jimbouk

Is it after looking at your calendar or when your calendar thinks you have an appointment?

if so, then your HTC Home Screen Profile switcher is the wrong one (ie the one that does exactly that)

Guest sc0user_75
Is it after looking at your calendar or when your calendar thinks you have an appointment?

if so, then your HTC Home Screen Profile switcher is the wrong one (ie the one that does exactly that)

Hmmmmm? You could be right. Although I did just go into calendar and the profile remained on ring.

But I did have a calendar entry for 3pm so the Vibrate may have kicked in then. Ill look into this tomorrow I think.

Thanks for the reply Jimbo

Guest stephenballantyne

Hi,

I've experienced the same thing, where my Vario III will switch to vibrate when I create a mew calendar entry. Most annoying.

Is there some way to change the HT Home Screen settings so this doesn't happen?

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Neil5459
Hi,

I've experienced the same thing, where my Vario III will switch to vibrate when I create a mew calendar entry. Most annoying.

Is there some way to change the HT Home Screen settings so this doesn't happen?

Thanks,

Steve

This has been an ongoing problem since the HTC Home Screen was launched on the Touch. Whenever you open the calendar application it switches the profile to vibrate. Sometimes opening the calendar is OK, but making changes or adding entries changes to vibrate.

There is, as yet, no fix.

Guest jimbouk
This has been an ongoing problem since the HTC Home Screen was launched on the Touch. Whenever you open the calendar application it switches the profile to vibrate. Sometimes opening the calendar is OK, but making changes or adding entries changes to vibrate.

There is, as yet, no fix.

Yes there is...

There are versions out there that suffer from this problem and then there are versions that don't. I use Kaiser.HTC.Home.v2.0.814.722-schen and it doesnt change your profile unless you set it to auto...

Guest sc0user_75
Aah that must be it then as that's the version I'm using :-)

Thanks guys for the replies. Would you advise a Vario III user to update to this version of Home? Or should I sit tight till a fix comes along for my version?

Guest jimbouk
Thanks guys for the replies. Would you advise a Vario III user to update to this version of Home? Or should I sit tight till a fix comes along for my version?

Yes I would advise you switch to that version. I have an O Tytn2 and it runs fine. Disable the plug in, Uninstall the previous version, then install the correct one, then enable it.

Also run HTC Hom customiser if you want to make it colourful etc...

post-20052-1194862973_thumb.jpg

Guest Neil5459
Yes there is...

There are versions out there that suffer from this problem and then there are versions that don't. I use Kaiser.HTC.Home.v2.0.814.722-schen and it doesnt change your profile unless you set it to auto...

Now that is odd!

I'm using that version and it does put the device (Trinity/ M700) into Vibrate as soon as any changes are made to the Calendar ;)

Guest jimbouk
Now that is odd!

I'm using that version and it does put the device (Trinity/ M700) into Vibrate as soon as any changes are made to the Calendar ;)

Maybe there's a better version for the Trinity?

(and thanks... pity Paul hasn't confirmed he's sending me an S730 as a reward...)

Guest Neil5459
Maybe there's a better version for the Trinity?

(and thanks... pity Paul hasn't confirmed he's sending me an S730 as a reward...)

It may be that there was some legacy stuff on my Trinity from an old installation? Can't tell now, as I've passed it onto my son, and an now using an Ameo ;)

If Paul won't stump up, maybe we can have a whip round for your S730? :(

Guest jimbouk

My hermes suffered from the plug in changing it to silent etc when I looked at the calendar but that was with an early cab taken from the Touch I believe - which came with a Black WM6 rom. When I replaced the Home plug in with another one I found, it was cured.

The schen one I use on the kaiser seems to work fine - on the kaiser.

Oh and you can just hand your ameo to me and go and buy yourself a new toy... then we are both happy...