That repeating alerts request...

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chaznet

I tried the software -- nice, would be great though if that 'flash LED indicator' setting referred to the navigation wheel light-ring. It instead controls the green LED flashing up top in the earpiece. Personally, I can't tell the difference between alert flashing and that constant connection-status flashing that normally goes on. Is there a way to shut that off, and have the upper LED only flash when there are new messages, missed calls, voicemails, etc...?

• 1 month later...
Guest detwetter
I tried the software -- nice, would be great though if that 'flash LED indicator' setting referred to the navigation wheel light-ring. It instead controls the green LED flashing up top in the earpiece. Personally, I can't tell the difference between alert flashing and that constant connection-status flashing that normally goes on. Is there a way to shut that off, and have the upper LED only flash when there are new messages, missed calls, voicemails, etc...?

OK, to turn off the Green Status Light on the earpiece, using a RegEditor, goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER->ControlPanel->Notifications->Led

Change Enabled from 1 to 0. Make sure you have "Enable LED alert" checked in DontForget2. This seems to work fine for me. On initial

startup, I see the Green LED flash for a bit, but once the phone is fully booted, it goes out until an event happens. Once I read the sms,

email, Missed Call................. the Green LED goes out again.

Ed

Guest trickinit
OK, to turn off the Green Status Light on the earpiece, using a RegEditor, goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER->ControlPanel->Notifications->Led

Change Enabled from 1 to 0. Make sure you have "Enable LED alert" checked in DontForget2. This seems to work fine for me. On initial

startup, I see the Green LED flash for a bit, but once the phone is fully booted, it goes out until an event happens. Once I read the sms,

email, Missed Call................. the Green LED goes out again.

Ed

This sounds awesome if it really works. I'll try it out.

Edit: I changed the registry setting, but the LED is still blinking.

Edited by trickinit

Guest detwetter
This sounds awesome if it really works. I'll try it out.

Edit: I changed the registry setting, but the LED is still blinking.

OK, there was one other change I made, that I forgot about. Goto

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->SoftImage->DontForget

Change DisableStdLEDBlinking from 0 to 1, reboot. Let me know

if this works for you. I believe that's all I did.

Ed

Guest trickinit
OK, there was one other change I made, that I forgot about. Goto

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->SoftImage->DontForget

Change DisableStdLEDBlinking from 0 to 1, reboot. Let me know

if this works for you. I believe that's all I did.

Ed

Lol.. mine was already set to 1. I rebooted though, and it's still blinking.. :(

Guest detwetter
Lol.. mine was already set to 1. I rebooted though, and it's still blinking.. :(

Hmm...............I promise, this is working perfectly for me. What version of

DontForget2 are you using? I initially was using 2.50 Beta 3, but found it

incredibly buggy. Now I am using 2.00. When I installed 2.00, DisableStdLEDBlinking

was set to 0, so I changed it to 1.

The reason I kept searching until I found this key, was the previous one would only

disable the LED until some event triggered it. Then once I responded to the event,

it would stay blinking until I rebooted. After changing DisableStdLEDBlinking to 1,

this would stop the blinking as soon as I responded to the event.

I guess I may have found another key somewhere, but I don't think I changed anything

else.

Ed

Guest trickinit
Hmm...............I promise, this is working perfectly for me. What version of

DontForget2 are you using? I initially was using 2.50 Beta 3, but found it

incredibly buggy. Now I am using 2.00. When I installed 2.00, DisableStdLEDBlinking

was set to 0, so I changed it to 1.

The reason I kept searching until I found this key, was the previous one would only

disable the LED until some event triggered it. Then once I responded to the event,

it would stay blinking until I rebooted. After changing DisableStdLEDBlinking to 1,

this would stop the blinking as soon as I responded to the event.

I guess I may have found another key somewhere, but I don't think I changed anything

else.

Ed

I'm using version 2.01, and my LedRefCount is set to 0 as well.. I wonder what I'm missing here.. :(

Guest detwetter
I'm using version 2.01, and my LedRefCount is set to 0 as well.. I wonder what I'm missing here.. :D

OK, this is what I have been able to dig up. I started noticing that after about 10mins exactly,

the Green LED was coming back on for me as well. I turned on the Status Icon in DontForget2,

then I kept my eye on it, and just before the Green LED comes back on, the Status Icon, gets

removed the the Task Tray at the top of the Screen. Seems like something is causing it to timeout.

If I go back into DontForget2, and just select ApplyAndExit, the Green LED goes off again, and the

Status Icon shows up at the top of the screen, but after another 10mins, the Status Icon disappears,

and the green LED comes back on. :(

I noticed I had in Settings->Homescreen->Timeout, it was set to 10 mins, so I changed it to Never,

still came back on after 10mins. I then found in the registry a setting for StatusBar_Timeout, which

was set to 10000, which I assumed was 10mins. I changed it to zero, still came back on after 10mins.

I'm at a loss.

E

Guest detwetter

OK, well I feel a bit stupid now. I just realized that the option in DontForget2 for Slow Down LED blinking frequency (or turn off),

does what we've been trying to do. I didn't see the part in parens, it was off the screen. Anyway, it still comes back on after 10mins.

So, I decided to go back to 2.50 beta 3, this problem seems to be fixed in this version, but I have problems with profiles in this one.

I'll keep testing.

E

Edit: OK, the issue with Profiles, seems to only effect Profiles for which I have Changed the default names.

For example, I changed Meeting to Sleep, and I want to disable DontForget2 when the Sleep Prof is

used, but in Beta 3, this doesn't work, it did in 2.01. However, if I select to disable in a Prof, that hasn't

had it's name changed from the default, it works fine. I can work around this, and am going to stick with

2.50 Beta 3 for now.

Edited by detwetter