Cosmetics of Vario III v Tytn II ?

Guest finisterre

Guest finisterre

I can't decide which to go for.

From the pics I've seen the Tytn II looks to have a more charcoaly front (to the Vario III's more silvery mirror finish - is this a trick of the light, or is there a difference?

And the Tytn II has a black back compared to the Vario III's silver - is the Tytn II's back rubber finished?

Are there any other major diffs?

Thx.

Guest dolbe666
I can't decide which to go for.

From the pics I've seen the Tytn II looks to have a more charcoaly front (to the Vario III's more silvery mirror finish - is this a trick of the light, or is there a difference?

And the Tytn II has a black back compared to the Vario III's silver - is the Tytn II's back rubber finished?

Are there any other major diffs?

Thx.

Different colour, different d-pad keys, different back plate, no windows live messenger, no tomtom on the varioIII

Guest hotphil

I've got the V1615 variant and a collegaue has the HTC branded version. The backplate on his is soooo much better to hold. The shiny glossy one on the V1615 looks good, but is totally impractical - gets smeared and slidy.

Guest jimbouk

The Tytn2 has a brushed charcoal metal front, with chromed buttons and a shiny black surround. The back is non-slip black matt plastic.

O's Tytn2 doesnt have tomtom either.

Guest Deathace

I have to say that I honestly think the T-Mobile version is the best looking and the better build quality.

I have done the rounds in the shops and checked out the HTC & Orange TyTN II as well as the Vodafone v1615 and I must say the problem i have most with them is the front buttons, they all move regardless of the branding which indicates to me that T-Mobile got it right getting rid of that silvery finished button around the outside as my Vario 3 buttons are solid if i press one the rest do not move unlike the above phones and looking at the O2 stellar its exactly the same as the rest of them.

I am probably one of a few that actually like the finish of the T-Mobile version with the Titanium colour on the back and front going into the brushed aluminium for the faceplate and buttons. At the end of the day its each persons own preference, T-Mobile have done themselves proud on this phone in my opinion. It is good looking the buttons are flat and easy to press without your finger sliding off, the branding on it is very minimal both on the outside (at least its not pink ;) ) as well as the OS & software (compared to the likes of orange who have customised it a lot more, not a bad thing just not my cup of tea) couple that with a good tariff and data packages and it does in fact cater for a lot of peoples needs yet keeping it simple and supportable.

Russ

Guest FrankyG
I have to say that I honestly think the T-Mobile version is the best looking and the better build quality.

Yeah you think that because you're wrong ;)

TyTn II all the way!

The Vario III is MUCH better looking in the flesh than the photos would have you beleive, and the buttons definitely work better, although perhaps don't look as nice as the stock HTC ones

Guest creamhackered

The TyTN II is MUCH better looking than the Vario III. The Vario III feels cheap and of poorer build quality. I know this because I upgraded to the Vario 3 and sold it on eBay to get the TyTN II. The buttons on the front are better, the colouring and build quality is better and the back cover is better. Not to mention it is a "proper" HTC device and has Windows Live Messenger and TomTom included and better support for ROM updates etc ;)